CC3D and MicroMinimOSD problems
« on: December 13, 2015, 08:09:51 pm »
So I got a micro Minosd for my 250. I am using the latest Minosd configure software thru an FTDI adaptor. I have flashed the 2 different firmware virsions and updated character file. When I plug everything in and check display, the screen layouts are not what I selected. It also does not seem to be getting any data from CC3D. I have checked all the connections with continuity tester and have tried switching RX and TX pins. The CC3D port is set to OSDHK. I was able to get battery voltage although "batt 1" and "batt 2" where reversed as labeled. I should also mention that I have tried both main and flexi ports on CC3D with the same results. What am I forgetting?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:16:17 pm by RayRegan »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D and MicroMinimOSD problems
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:27:55 pm »
Did you use firmware from here ? :
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup

Osdhk is a old stuff, you only need a port set to telemetry and 57600 baudrate.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 08:46:46 pm »
Yes, I tried both firmware versions. I will try the telemetry setting on the baud rate you mentioned. Any ideas about why the OSD is not taking the screen changes I chose? I also cannot change the screens from panel 1 to panel 2 with acc.0 switch set on Ch 6. This is why I am sure that the OSD is not talking to CC3D

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 08:51:40 pm »
Since you get some alarms like DISARMED, MAG ALARM (the text blinking) you can't switch between panels.
This include the "No TEL COM" alarm :)
Because when a alarm occurs, osd switch to the right panel to tell user about the warning

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 08:55:36 pm »
I get no alarms, no text, no horizon movement,

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 09:40:31 pm »
Did you put the "Warning" object ? (The OverSpeed text in my screenshot.)

It can be hidden if bellow other object...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 09:45:22 pm »
I get no alarms, no text, no horizon movement,

Screen is blank ?

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 01:41:51 am »
No, Screen has voltage at top middle, Horizon low middle, Timer upper right, Sat's lower left. The voltage connects directly to the OSD so I have that figured out, and the timer begins counting up after boot. Nothing else moves 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 01:50:37 am »
Double check how is connected, you can choose port you want: flexi or main but 57600bauds.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 06:47:09 am »
all is connected as pic shows. Telm on port @ 57600 was the trick to get them to talk. Note: the OSD will not communicate with CC3D when usb is connected between CC3D and LP GCS. Fast blinking green light turns solid green. Function returns when USB is disconnected. Still working on this: OSD does not show the screens that I set up in config software. Data values and positions are not as I set.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 09:28:52 am »
When USB is connected the telemetry stream go to usb.

Before trying to get panel switching you need a link: horizon that move for example.
Double check wiring, try the other port.

Post a good picture ?

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 06:46:16 pm »
I will post a picture this evening of the setup. I do now have a moving horizon and changing pitch degree angle. And the CH6 switch does do something,however the screen setups that I made in OSD configure tool are not what I see when OSD is running. Almost like it has a default setting.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 08:01:23 pm »
If osd talk with board, no need a picture.

Did you found the previous issue ?
By default the first panel is active.

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 08:46:37 pm »
Yes it is now talking with the board. The change in the port from OSDHK to Telemetry @57600 plus board reboot fixed the communication issue. I have a 2 position switch on CH6 for panel change. In one position I get the data that I told you about in the previous post and in the other position I get no data at all. Neither of these is what I had set up in the OSD config tool.

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 02:08:27 am »
Ray ,

Make sure that on the config tab you have the panel switching set up correctly. I now have mine working fine, including battery volts to within .1 of a volt. Horizon and mode switch. Good enough.