Re: CC3D and MicroMinimOSD problems
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 06:23:32 am »
I will check again, but I'm sure that I do have that function set on CH 6 in config tool.
Strange thing, every time I open that config tool it seems to be different. Even without the OSD or FTDI connector plugged in. I opened it the first time and had the backround PIC that was shown in the screen shots above along with many previewed values. Next time I opened it, no backround picture. I also had no sample text or values on the screen. Than I downloaded it again and was back to having text and a backround picture. I could move the text around and add or remove things as you would expect. Then I tried to open it again the next day, and again no text or backround image. Weird huh? Wonder if this has something to do with my problem.

Thanks

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 11:01:48 pm »
Exactly what is that OSD?  They are calling it OP OSD.

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 06:37:30 am »
Mine is Micro MinimOSD w/ KV team mod. It very well priced, small and on paper should be just right for a 250 machine. I just need to figure out why the setup tool is acting strange and why the OSD is not displaying the panels that I setup. What it DOES display works very well.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 10:30:21 am »
Maybe are you using various config tool versions ?

Be sure you use the one from Wiki page.

Lo-res

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 06:57:17 pm »
Not set my minimosd up yet but have this bookmarked for later reference

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 07:28:45 pm »
"Good Enough" That's where I'm going to be soon
I thought I had the volts calibrated correctly in the setup screen accessed thru the OSD on startup, but I guess I don't. It keeps changing by itself. I set the value up to reflect what a volt meter says the voltage is at the battery, then I exit the setup screen and the displayed voltage is different.

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 03:30:41 am »
Well I have successfully set up the minimOSD to the CC3D. Had a glitch of disappearing OSD info when camera plugged in, but fixed it quick by changing to PAL.

All of the OSd information is correct. But.... When the quad is tilted left or right I get Chinese garbled junk only in the horizon. Is this fixable?

IS this a Character set issue? What should I be using?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 10:20:56 am »

HIJ64

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 08:44:53 pm »
Hi Guys,

I noticed that you are discussing some connectivity issues on the minimosd in this thread. I was wondering if anyone could help me with another small challenge regarding the same topic.

I´m using the CC3D Atom just to bring up some telemtry data re. vehicle orientation and direction on my fpv goggles. The CC3D is not used as flight controller (I use a separate flight controller on my 550 FBL Heli)

I am utilizing:
For configuration of the CC3D: librepilot rev. 15.09 ,
last revision Firmware downloaded and installed via librepilot.
OSD configuration tool: ArduCAM OSD Config 2.1.3.0
Character set: Charset_1_3_0.mcm
Firmware:  minOPOSD_15_02_plain.hex 

Now this is the issue:
Telemety data is sent via CC3D Mainport to OSD.
Horizon, and angle values for Roll and Nick are displayed correctly. The compass data (heading) however is not displayed on the OSD. In OSD configuration "Heading Rose" and "Heading" are switched on, but these data are not showing up on the screen.
librepilot "Flight Data" Tab and "Scopes" Tab are displaying sensor data for YAW. Seems as if a compass signal is present...

Do you have any idea on how to bring the compass data (alias Heading/YAW) on the OSD?

Any idea would be greatly appreciated

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »
Hi,

CC3D do not have a Mag sensor, the only way to retrieve heading data is a GPS that give heading from path trajectory... better with a fixed wing, not accurate with Multirotor.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Configure+a+GPS+for+CC3D

If some extra data is missing on OSD you can update osd firmware, some UAVO have changed in rel15.09

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup

Welcome,
Laurent

HIJ64

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 09:05:10 pm »
Thank you Laurent,
I will check Firmware and if neccessary change the controller.
Harm-Iven
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:39:47 pm by HIJ64 »

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 08:48:59 pm »
I got my micro Minosd to work correctly now. I had an issue with the battery not displaying the correct voltage, even after I calibrated it via the OSD. I reloaded the firmware and recalibrated the voltage again and now it seems to be working correctly. It is also displaying GPS data, home arrow, and warnings now. It will not display even zeros for GPS data if the GPS is not plugged in and properly configured. I was thinking it would still have a ZERO next to ground speed and altitude if no data was received. I was wrong.

wolfgr

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 10:03:45 am »
i have a cc3d with librepilot and i try to add a micro minimosd,i flashed the firmware and charset,i ve got all connections right ,main port telemetry and 57600.All are working nice i have osd at my goggles but voltage and amp readings are wrong.I use 3s battery and i see a 17.20 volt reading.I have tried also the kvmod micro firmware and i get 0.01 v reading.All the other readings are working fine,warnings,throtle,horizon and tilt line....all ok exept voltage and amperage.I also have tried to connect bat1 and gnd pins to my battery but i get the same reading.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »
Using the analog input firmware version you need to calibrate sensor (voltage and current)

Move the toggle switch just after boot to enter Setup menu.

wolfgr

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 07:34:28 am »
I have found the menu but can't understand how calibration works.Is there a calibration guide or a tutorial video for that?