Esc issue
« on: March 04, 2018, 10:26:05 pm »
I replaced one esc out of four, esc that was replaced is working differently like starting before the other three, I have tried calibrating the escs all at same time and also individually using only the receiver and the transmitter, nothing helps.
Hours just went into trying to crack this one, and nothing to show for it except a bunch of open tabs in browser, and headache from reading so much.
I am using ardupilot apm2.8 flight controller, I have also tried to connect to the Cleanflight and BLHeli it doesn't connect .....please help..

Re: Esc issue
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 01:10:12 am »
If you were using LibrePilot I could point you to our wiki article.

I assume that you are using PWM for your ESC protocol.

There is probably a way to do this all at once, but I don't know your firmware so I will tell you how to do it manually using just RC receiver, not FC board.

So a little help for someone not using LP to calibrate using some other brand of firmware:
- PROPS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- all ESCs unplugged from FC signal (servo) connectors but still plugged into the motors
- you MUST use two different power supplies for airborne: a nicad pack (or separate lipo/BEC) (plug in to any unused channel or unplug a channel and plug it in there) that ALWAYS powers the RC receiver and the normal flight pack that you plug in and out of ESC at the right time
- transmitter throttle trim to center and configure it for normal output (endpoints normal, not dual rate, not idle up, etc)
- make it where you can get to the receiver throttle channel because you will be plugging and unplugging there.  if you have a servo cable extension, that will probably help.
- power on receiver with nicad
- power on transmitter

<loop>
- transmitter throttle stick to high
- plug in one ESC (next ESC) to RC receiver throttle channel so now you have receiver powered on but ESC has no power
- power up that one ESC (or powering up all is also OK) probably using normal flight battery and immediately ...
- immediately listen for musical tone from THAT motor (tone should happen immediately) and when you hear it, reduce the transmitter throttle stick to low
- you should hear confirmation musical tone from motor
- unplug ESC power but leave RC receiver and transmitter powered on
- unplug ESC signal from receiver throttle channel
- goto <loop> for next ESC
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:32:59 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:58:34 am »
I already tried it doesn't help... :(

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:04:38 am »
If you were using LibrePilot I could point you to our wiki article.

Will LibrePilot work with the flight controller ardupilot apm2.8???

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 11:10:46 am »
No, Librepilot dosen't support APM boards.

What's the reference of previous Esc and the new one ?

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 05:27:45 pm »
I already tried it doesn't help... :(
Did you use two airborne power supplies like documented above?

One last thing.  If there are individual channel adjustments for the ESCs, you should be able to tell the setup that the new ESC uses a different throttle range.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 09:28:42 pm »

Did you use two airborne power supplies like documented above?
[/quote]
yes..