... but it doesn't work in 16.09.

I need it to streamline my OpLink antenna testing.  I've got about 15-20 antennas to test.

Before I spend the time to start over with next and it not fix the issue, does anyone know if this works in next?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
... but it doesn't work in 16.09.

As expected, and Next is exactly same.

Thanks for pointing the line out.  I will try to hack it to get it working.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Why you need the coordinator into the aircraft ?

Test transmit range of many 433mhz airplane antennas.

Configuration: Revo with control via PPM.  Revo failsafe configured with left rudder for visibility of failsafe during ground testing.  Air coordinator Revo set for 1.25mw.  Ground OpLink set for 25mw.

Ground OpLink power is strong enough to always get through, but ground will only send if it gets signal from air coordinator, so range is entirely based on aircraft transmit strength and failsafe tells me when it is out of range.

Usage: Walk and hand carry aircraft out to 300m (approximate limit of 1.25mw).  Walk around and bank aircraft and see what range this air antenna has.  Try to minimize human body to RF interaction.  Change air antenna without reboot.  Repeat for all 20 antennas without walking back.

Untuned antenna works marginally for receive, worse for transmit.  I specifically want to test transmit range.  This lets me test air antenna transmit signal strength, with antenna mounted on aircraft, without walking up to 300m (times 2) for each of 20 antennas and get it all done in one day at one time so I know that GCS antenna has not moved.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Instead of hacking the current code and use the Revo failsafe you can simply use two Oplink in both ends and look the connect led indicator in moving side and know when link is lost.

Thanks.  I had to fall back to your suggestion of OpLink in the aircraft.  Then it was a matter of getting the ground to send enough packets to use RxData LED in the air coordiantor.

To my code changes:  I found several places in the code, but it still didn't work and I didn't diagnose further.  It may be that some lower level code also assumes coordinator==ground==PPMIn.  It may be a difference between radioqueue and uavoqueue.

The term PPM is a bit confused in the code.  It seems it can refer to OpLink stream or true PPM in/out stream with ground OpLink reading PPM from transmitter, and air OpLink sending PPM stream to CC3D.