FrSky Telemetry
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:36:05 pm »
Hi guys, will a cc3d evo board do telemetry for frsky RX?

Re: FrSky Telemetry
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:45:47 pm »
I am mostly concerned about Vbat monitoring

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:06:40 am »
First of all, CC3D doesn't have RF onboard like Revo class FCs.  So you would have to add a telemetry board like OpLink.

Someone else may correct me, but I am 99% sure that CC3D does not do that and won't do it in the future because there isn't room in it for new features.

I think I have heard FrSky telemetry discussed for Revo class FCs, but I don't think it is even available in the development "next" version yet.

If you want battery voltage/current or GPS position / direction home, there are ways of getting it displayed on an FPV OSD, even with CC3D, but for the future, it would be wise to consider buying Revo class FCs.  Cheap ones are about $35 shipped or so.  That is reasonably close to the cost of CC3D plus telemetry.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:37 pm »
Thanks for the information Cliff.
Trying to see if i can do batt voltage without getting more electronics. Guess not

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 01:33:35 pm »
Reread your reply, and think maybe i can clarify. The FrSky RX, x4r-sb, willl accept anolog input for basic voltage, but voltage has to be devided to single cell voltage. Some boards do this. Was wondering if cc3d divided voltage somewhere to input to RX?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 01:48:05 pm »
CC3D do not have battery voltage directly connected, only +5V.

You just need to made a voltage divider connected between -/+ battery connectors and connect middle point to analog input in receiver.

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 01:39:51 am »
Is the "cc3d evo" you are referring to recognized by LP as "Coptercontrol" or "Revolution"?