JaeMelo

Re: Revolution Mini
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 11:25:46 pm »
Looks weird how they got rid of the servo header pins for a jst connector instead... Id rather use a standard Revo instead seeing that the uhf modem is built-in on the underside and that fact that it's plug-n-play regarding mounting (30x30) this clone Mini Revo Plus a the OPLink modem in those plastic cases looks as if it takes up much more space then simply 1 full sized Revo.

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 11:40:49 pm »
Im glad that they got rid of the servo headers. Its always anoying wenn they solder straight servo headers and you have to put them all out... I like flat copters, so its a personal choice!

Brian

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 03:44:47 am »
I received the "Revolution Mini" today, and so far so good.

It is exactly the same size as the OPLink Mini clone that I have, and it worked well right out of the box.  I also flashed the latest LP firmware on it, and it works great.

If you don't need/want the OPLink modem, I think this might be a good and very small FC.

JaeMelo

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 05:00:48 am »
Im glad that they got rid of the servo headers. Its always anoying wenn they solder straight servo headers and you have to put them all out... I like flat copters, so its a personal choice!
Those are so easy to get out with a hot air its not even a joke lol... They use solder paste on the header pins so they all come loose within seconds all at once.

mazevx

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 02:19:13 pm »
Those are so easy to get out with a hot air its not even a joke lol... They use solder paste on the header pins so they all come loose within seconds all at once.

Are you serious?  Im good at soldering its part of my daily work, but the last one i soldered of was like fighting a cat...even with our professionel equipment had to pull out every single pin... But ok...Bad luck

mazevx

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 01:53:14 pm »
Has anyone tried altitude hold with this board?  Is it usefull or needed to cover the baro with foam like on the other FCs?

Mateusz

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 02:13:42 pm »

Has anyone tried altitude hold with this board?  Is it usefull or needed to cover the baro with foam like on the other FCs?

There is no rule I think, depends how your baro behave. You should check in GCS how much it jumps etc.. Also depends on location of the board, type of case etc.. Best is to test and then try what works best for you. Probably each foam is different. I havent tried those boards yet, so I cant say anything about their hardware quality though. If baro does not work, just return it. Also baro needs time to warm up and stabilize so you cant expect to have it working first minute of flight. How big the noise should be is posted somewhere in another thread;)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2016, 02:22:54 pm »
You should protect the baro sensor from light, the case is semi transparent.
Case should almost protect sensor from wind.

See also this page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Altitude+Hold

mazevx

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2016, 02:46:10 pm »
Thank you for your answer, i will cover it with dark open cell foam... Better to be on the safe side.
Baro works well on the table inside the house, its quiet and doesnt jump around.

The wiki is not available...for me...as most of the time :-(

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2016, 06:55:29 pm »
The wiki is not available...for me...as most of the time :-(

Wiki is always up here... strange.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2016, 07:57:38 pm »
Mine comes with foam on baro sensor. The altitude hold is very good.

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 05:13:31 pm »
In model aircraft, baro always needs open cell foam covering it.  Also needs to be covered to keep light out.  Light can change the altitude by several meters if you rotate yaw so light hits it or doesn't hit it.

There are other things you can use too.  Wad of cotton held on with tape, etc.

charles

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 09:28:07 pm »
So hows this board working for everyone? Im interested who plans to support them.I just want a f4 tiny cheap board. I dont even need a baro and mag ( alt and pos hold are boring)
 just lemme get the speed ;)

mazevx

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 09:38:42 pm »
The board is performing very well. Even mag and baro ;-)
Im sure its better than cc3d feels very direkt

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2016, 10:11:05 pm »
Hey, could someone post some pictures of the oplink Air pcb?

I am trying to work out how to build one from rf22 module, but there seems to be very little information on it... so far i cant really find even its pinout.