Brunosanta

• I understand it all but know nothing
cc3d and Revoluton board - tipping at take off
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:08:56 pm »
Hello all,
does anyone have an idea what could be causing my quad to tip during take off? its funny cause if I give a little throttle and roll to the right (opposite tippping) and accelerate again it sort of balances on the floor and takes off.
It was not annoying me when I was flying the 3s, with the 4s the first punch is so strong that most of the times the propeller hits the floor. After seeing how smooth my brother's Sparky takes off I was thinking, is that possible to achieve smooth  take off using TPA? , why can't my quads even take off straight ( note that after airborne even a punch out goes up in a straight line).
On The revo I used autotune, and the cc3d I tuned the best I could using easy tune ,I also tried multiple variations on the slider from photographer to race... Bugged.
one last thing, the behaviour is the same taking off rate or attitude,
Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays

Re: cc3d and Revoluton board - tipping at take off
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:37:26 am »
Default value for "zero the integral" on Stabilization page is enabled.  Some people disable this.  That can cause your issue.

After fixing that, take off quickly right after starting motors.  Don't "slowly take off".  Jump up to knee high.

Don't ever "help it" while it is taking off.  Leave sticks in the middle.

Don't take off from a slope.

Transmitter trims must be where they were when doing wizard.  If it drifts in Attitude mode you use Attitude->Settings->"RotateVirtual..." to trim it.

Maybe (recenter trims and) redo transmitter wizard and accel and leveling calibrations (Attitude page) if you still have a problem.

Brunosanta

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »
Hey The other cliff,
I thank you a lot for your tips I will check the integral 0. all the rest I have tried. flat start, slow take off fast take off, I tried reducing the start up power on the ESC ( which helped a bit with that first quick crazy motion) and I also found out yesterday night that my radio link transmitter comes with a pre configured throttle curve, I have left as it is and I have set another one that is as falt as possible. I will post the results tonight
Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays

Brunosanta

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 06:13:45 pm »
Hello the other cliff, I cant thank you enough.. I thought I had tried it all, man, the zero integral at low throttle was unchecked, I checked it.. quad takes off  straight up..
thank you so much.. now I gotta work on some yaw vibrations... thanks again

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:33:21 pm »
Reducing ESC startup power is exactly the opposite of what you want.  Big helis use it because their main rotor takes a lot of power to spin up, but once it is spun up they keep the same RPM and just vary the pitch.

Quads need instant throttle up and down.

Glad you got it working.  Did you use a "cloud config" / template or someone else's settings or did you just change it and forget about it?  There are a lot of people making that mistake lately changing that from the default value.  If it is a bad could config, we might need to change it...