Brunosanta

• I understand it all but know nothing
Eclipse and MingW, cannot make it work
« on: October 17, 2017, 06:32:43 pm »
Hello all,
could anyone help me to set my eclipse to compile using the Mingw32?
I'm a little confused, cause first I created a brunch with the sourcetree, I have the source files in a location A:
then I followed the wiki configured the Msys2, and it downloaded the files again to a different location inside the msys\librepilot

I thank you in advance,
see you
Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays

filnet

Re: Eclipse and MingW, cannot make it work
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:02:13 pm »
If you folllowed https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/14876735/Windows+Building+and+Packaging then, yes, one of the step is to clone the librepilot git repository.

What did you expect ?

Brunosanta

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:43:31 pm »
hi Fillnet,
maybe its a lame question, but I am not very experienced.. I though that I could maybe use msys2 to "make", compile the files I had already downloaded using sourcetree. is that possible?

second, I get a compilation error:
Project ERROR: gstreamer-app-1.0 development package not found
mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:296: C:/msys64/home/Administrator/librepilot/build/librepilot-gcs_release/Makefile] Error 3

the reason I want to build the environment is because I want to try to create a one button magnetometer calibration.

thanks,

Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 07:52:55 pm »
You should install gstreamer packages (gst-something) as described in wiki page.

You will need to copy the ground directory or modified files (try git status) where the Msys dev environment is installed

filnet

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 08:26:03 pm »
You could also use your sourcetree checkout but then you'll need to run some of the setup steps in there (from a msys2 prompt).

mingw32-make all_sdk_install is one of them and should suffice.

Brunosanta

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 08:58:12 pm »
hI f5 and Fil,
I ill bang my head a bit more trying to do as you say! I'm pretty sure I did the exact steps from the wiki, (maybe not) I will try it again... thanks for your time!

Brunosanta

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 12:54:28 pm »
Hi Guys,
with your tip I was able to compile it. I basically downloaded the packages all again, and although most were there and stated skipping. some had failed on the first try and I missed seeing it. I like the next version, the oplink graphics change look sick! Im said that my oplink even with The other cliff firmware is not really working. in between I am trying to figure out how to use the eclipse to compile using Mingw and the files downloaded with Msys32..