Flight modes
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:39:32 am »
As I was just getting this in the air I had not even tried to setup other flight modes.  I had 2 great flights today and was really happy with the way it flies.  Stable yet the big 550 jumps around the sky pretty well.

I was getting ready for flight #3 and thought I would try a couple other flight modes.  So I have the radio setup with a 3 way switch, so I have 3 modes.  It is detected by the GCS and that is all good.    So I go to the top right hand side of the screen, select 3 flight modes and then it says configuration error?  You can not use manual with a quad or cruise control with fixed wing.  I check, none of the flight modes I have selected have manual.  I tried changing anything and just about everything, nothing changed  i go select only 1 flight mode, goes green, no error?

So, anytime I try for more than 1 flight mode, configuration error, any ideas?

Thanks.

Buzz.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Flight modes
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 01:00:01 am »
A screenshot or better a config file will help for sure.

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 01:14:36 am »
CC3D cannot fly any GPS mode or use GPS assist.  Many modes use GPS.

Even Revo class FC will give errors when enabling GPS modes if not configured correctly.  You need to use INS13 (Configuration->Settings->Atti.Est.Algo.) and have GPS and mags setup and calibrated and have HomeLocation set.

tinou

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 10:28:28 am »
I take avantage of this topic for post a question.
What's the diffenrence between ins13indoor and gps navigation (INS13)?
Can i use Complementary+mag+gpsoutdoor for use gps assist and return to base?
Actually i have a opgps in nmea protocol, i know is bad for use gps fonction.
Thanks

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 08:13:44 pm »
Here I thought it was going to be easy :)

I will plug it in and check the settings.  A couple screen shots or files.

I went though and changed everything, no GPS, cruise control and no manual as the error message was was saying.

In the one mode I had it flew pretty well.  Would snap around and was very responsive. It did seem to go up and down more than I thought it would. 

I just did a quick setup on my #2 Revo Nano.  I was able to get the green on the config screen after I went through the calibration page.  Now to try it with the one in the frame and see what I get.

Thanks.

Buzz.

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 10:39:05 pm »
What's the diffenrence between ins13indoor and gps navigation (INS13)?
ins13indoor uses fake GPS coordinates so you can use INS, but it cannot navigate.

Can i use Complementary+mag+gpsoutdoor for use gps assist and return to base?
I think the answer is that you can, but it is not (or less) recommended.  INS13 outdoors is the way to go.