Quadcopter Thinks it is Upside Down
« on: September 10, 2017, 09:14:44 pm »
Hi

I am having a very strange issue...
I recently got a Radiolink M8N GPS with built in compass and hooked it up to my revolution. The mag alarms are all around 0%, I have all green alarms on the flight data page, and the horizon display is very steady but the sky is the ground and the ground is the sky! When I move it around it updates very smoothly and nicely but it still appears to be upside down.

When I try flying it just tries to flip, unsurprisingly : )

I have tried changing the mag pitch and roll orientation to 180 in the magnetometer page (separately and together), and then the virtual view starts to go crazy. Although I didn't think this would solve it anyway as even when I put it in complementary mode it still thinks it is upside down. The revolution itself is mounted parallel to the frame and shouldn't need any virtual rotation in GCS. I have done the mag and board level calibration.

Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Tim

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Quadcopter Thinks it is Upside Down
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:17:40 pm »
Please post your config file. File > Export UAV Settings...

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:19:21 pm »
Here it is

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 09:23:57 pm »
Here is a screenshot if it is helpful

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:40:14 pm »
For some reason the BoardLevelTrim > Roll is around 180°
You may need to do a Attitude > Calibration > Board Level Calibration while the board is level.

Check if PFD is level using the Attitude Estimation algorithm set to Basic at first time.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 12:08:49 am »
Ok,

Problem solved. I changed the BoardLevelTrim to 0 and the mag pitch offset to 180. Thanks for the help!

Tim