yaw on heli
« on: September 10, 2017, 01:30:09 pm »
hey guys, i wanna know if there is any option to invert the yaw stabilization.
i.m trying to fly a custom coaxial heli but i have some troubles with the yaw.

the yaw is controlled by increasing one rotor speed and decrease the other one. but looks like it.s somehow inversed and when the heli starts to spin a little.. instead of increasing the speed of the 'right' motor to compensate , it's increasing the speed of the wrong motor and my heli starts to spin even faster uncontrolably. can i somehow invert this ? thx a lot.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:34:42 pm by LOENHARD »

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
Re: yaw on heli
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 01:34:33 pm »
Invert input and output channel. Adapt it on the transmitter too. In my chase that fixed the wrong gyro direction.

Rettet den Luftraum, esst mehr Vögel.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:46:41 pm »
For a coax heli if the Yaw is not stabilized/reverted you just need to swap the two motors wires, assuming you have one CW and other CCW.

Keep the transmitter and input settings as configured using the Transmitter wizard.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 01:59:27 pm »
thx for your fast responses guys. i'll try in a bit. my battery is charging now. i'll come back with the results. cheers

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 02:12:28 pm »
done. inverting the signal wires for motors solved my problem. thank you.

my second problem is as well about the yaw. if i let it on manual i have enough power to lift the heli in the air but it.s not ideal because it.s start slowly to spin. On axis lock or rate i lose like 30 percent of power on motors. any ideas why?

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 02:16:33 pm »
off topic question.

f5soh, are you on youtube under the name Laurent L?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 02:40:12 pm »
Yes, that's my youtube account.

Be sure you calibrated both esc motor correctly.
Try reducing Yaw PID or Yaw mixer value for both motors in UAVObjectBrowser > MixerSettings
Maybe the bottom motor is also more reactive because already air flow input from top propeller, try asymmetric Yaw mixer values giving the same Yaw stick response.