Revo and GPS Issue
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:32:52 pm »
I am having issues setting up my GPS which doesn't seem to register in Librepilot. I am using an OP GPS connected to the main port at 57600. The GPS is powered up and I get a regular blinking blue light indicating (I assume) that its searching for satellites but in LibrePilot I am getting the stock GPS not connected message. I've used the auto configure for the GPS but getting nothing into the flight data screen. Any help or pointers would be much appreciated (setting file attached).
Regards
Mike
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:38:39 pm by mikehawkey »

Re: Revo and GPS Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:41:24 pm »
Make sure your cable has FC.Tx connected to GPS.Rx and FC.Rx <-> GPS.Tx

Make sure you are connected to the GPS "GPS" connector or the GPS "GPS+MCU" connector.

For a standard cable, the orange and blue wires are "crossed".

GPS blinking blue light says you have power to GPS and GPS has a fix.

Hardware page should show the MainPort set to GPS (UBX) at 57600.

Use a jeweler's loupe / strong magnifying glass to look at the tiny pins inside the FC MainPort and the GPS port.  Sometimes they get crushed and bent over.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 04:06:21 pm »
Hi have checked through all of your suggestions but still nothing seems to be coming through to the flight controller. Having gone through the wizard again I'm now not even getting a blue pulsing light, Trying now on the Flexport but nothing! Very frustrating.
Mike

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 04:46:17 pm »
The pulsing light mean you receive at least one sat providing the time data.
Sometimes if you are inside the house you cannot receive satellites.

Go outside just to be sure you can receive correctly satellites, if you are using the cheap chinese 11$  'OP GPS', antenna is really small and performance is not the best. This cheap 'OP GPS' also do smoke, due to a regulator only allowing 5.5v max voltage input.

Cheap 'OP GPS' ^^

If you want to try the FlexiPort, be sure the changes done in hardware page are effective.
Disconnect all the power (battery and USB) and power again the FC.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 04:53:38 pm »
Thanks for the info. I've wasted such a lot of build time messing with this one (as per pic). Out of interest what GPS would you use as a better more reliable one?
Mike

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:06:32 pm »
You will also need a external mag, best option is use a DJI GPS where the position+mag data comes from the same connection.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/12058679/GPS+setup#GPSsetup-NazaGPS

Take a look at this thread :
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3788.msg25891#msg25891

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 02:21:05 am »
Hi there have you tried configuring your GPS for use with librepilot? If you bought it online or even from a local retailer, chances are it's configured for use with microcontrollers as a whole and not for quad copter application.
You'll need the Ublox UCentre program (Provided yours is Ublox). Follow the instructions in this link https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669417/Configure+a+GPS+for+CC3D
to disable the incorrect messages. The autoconfig sometime doesn't work (most of the time for me) so worth giving it a shot.
Cheers
Flyer

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 06:14:59 am »
Revo (not CC3D) has GPS autoconfiguration for uBlox GPS's (including OP GPS's) and Revo (not CC3D) also supports DJI/Naza GPS.  If you have a Revo you don't need uCenter program at all.  Tell GCS where the GPS is plugged in, what kind of GPS it is, and what baud rate you want (even if baud is different that GPS current config since it does autobaud too) and the defaults do everything else.