Eachine Racer 250
« on: August 31, 2017, 03:53:51 pm »
I just recently got into this hobby/sport and had gotten a Usmile 250, which by the looks of it is a clone of the Eachine Racer 250.  The Usmile came with a GoolRC GS6 controller and the flight controller is a KK2.1.5 mini.  But it didn't have any FPV capability.  I did purchase a camera and vtx and installed.

But this is about the Eachine Racer 250 FPV RTF that I purchased recently.  This has the CC3D controller and I have upgraded it to run with LibrePilot.  If anyone has read my previous post under General Discussion you know I had an issue for about 3 days.  When I first got the quad, I flew it around in the yard for a short time, just hovering and getting use to the controls on the Eachine I6 controller.  A few days later I did the modifications that I had followed on YouTube.  I cut the face to allow the camera to tilt up more without having the frame in the way.  I also filed the opening in the top carbon fiber plate to allow for the additional tilt.  I relocated the vtx to the rear bottom, rotated the fc board 90 degrees so the USB port was to the left looking from the back of the quad.  Then upgraded/erased with LibrePilot.

I know I didn't build this, but I have had it apart and back together again several times.  Still doing a little tuning on it, but I am just wanting to fly.

ernstock

Re: Eachine Racer 250
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:22:22 pm »
Hey that looks great.
Like the drinking straws (?) and heatshrink ,!
And anyway - is that headlights ?

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:36:56 am »
Hey that looks great.
Like the drinking straws (?) and heatshrink ,!
And anyway - is that headlights ?

Yes that is headlights on the front.  The tail lights on the back change color just by flipping a switch on the controller.  I can turn both the headlights and tail lights on or off as well.

Just made a nice case for it this evening.  Will post pictures shortly.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 01:52:28 am »
Just put this together for my Eachine Racer 250 FPV RTF.  I bought a Storage Chest from Walmart and took the original packing material from the Eachine Racer 250 box and cut some of the height off of it and used almost every piece of it to make the interior of this case.  The dimension of the case is 19" (48cm) x 6-3/8" (16cm) x 13-1/2" (34cm).  It holds the quad and the controller, along with batteries, the LCD screen, spare props and other items.   

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 02:13:39 pm »
I have one of those  too and what i did was take the face plate off,  i am talking about the what holds the lights and the lights too off since i found them useless. I think the lights are good for los but since i fly fpv all the time. I couldn't tell the lights where gone when flying at night.  Anyways good  idea with the trunk and foam.