Self-level FPV camera AND manual control
« on: August 30, 2017, 06:19:37 pm »
Hi All,

Built a little 250 quad a couple years ago and starting to change some settings with it as I've gotten better at flying it.  Quick question I can't seem to find an answer for.

I have an FPV camera on the quad connected to a servo that will control tilt. It's hooked up to my Accessory0 channel, which is a 2-pos switch, and dial control.

I've had this setup two ways.  One is using stabilization so that the cc3d auto tilts the camera to level when I fly.  The other way is to use control (tied back to accessory0) so that if I flip the switch, I can manually sweep the camera up and down and hold it in the position I want. Flipping the switch off returns it to neutral.

Now my question.  Is there a way to combine both?  I love the auto tilt feature as it keeps my view on the horizon, but there are times I wish I could manually control the camera to look down or up more.  I'm not always racing the quad forwards, so up tilt is not always desired.

Can I only do one or the other?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Self-level FPV camera AND manual control
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 06:28:22 pm »
Did you try adding a input Accessory in Gimbal stabilization settings ?
You will be able to get camera stabilization and adjust the offset angle using a knob.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »
I tried that, but when I have output channel, and input channel selected, it usually removes the output channel on it's own when I save and go to another screen.  It's almost like it can't do both at the same time.

That's fine, as I have two profiles saved for each mode and just reprogram the board each time depending on what I want, but it's a PITA and would be nice if I could set it up so the toggle switch changes between stabilization and control.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 10:15:59 pm »
Using the 'input channel' from the Gimbal module is the right way.

Indeed if you setup the direct control Acc > Output in Vehicle tab there is a conflict with Gimbal.
- Remove the mapping Acc > output in vehicle tab
- Reboot
- Configure/add the Accessory you want as input channel in Gimbal module

This give you the Attitude stabilization and control using a knob.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 03:10:50 pm »
Thanks.  I tried setting it up that way on a spare board and it looks like it's not giving me a conflict anymore. 

I'll load it to the quad tonight and test. Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 02:01:53 am »
Using the 'input channel' from the Gimbal module is the right way.

Indeed if you setup the direct control Acc > Output in Vehicle tab there is a conflict with Gimbal.
- Remove the mapping Acc > output in vehicle tab
- Reboot
- Configure/add the Accessory you want as input channel in Gimbal module

This give you the Attitude stabilization and control using a knob.

Thank you.  Set it up this way and it works...sorta.

With switch off, it is in stabilization mode, and had full range.  This is exactly what I want.

Flip the switch down on my accessory, and now I can control it with the dial.  However, the range is limited, and it will attempt to stabilize to whatever angle I set the camera to now.  Now, this is OK, but is there any way to make it completely fixed when I flip the switch with no stabilization at all?

I'll continue to try a few things as I feel it's almost there.  But thanks for the lead as I was stuck on this for a while