sallyc

The newest version firmware of CC3D
« on: August 28, 2017, 02:43:49 pm »
Now the GCS is version 16.09, I am using the next branch of code. Does anyone knows where can I download the latest firmware?

Thank you very much

Mateusz

Re: The newest version firmware of CC3D
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 03:05:08 pm »
Now the GCS is version 16.09, I am using the next branch of code. Does anyone knows where can I download the latest firmware?

Thank you very much

If you are using "next" git branch, then you must use the same "next" firmware. Version of GCS must match firmware exactly, otherwise some UAVs might not get decoded correctly and might have different meaning, set things differently than intended. That's why GCS detects version of firmware and asks to update.
Once you build binary, firmware is also build. For released version 16.09 firmware is on Wiki and should be shipped with GCS as well.

sallyc

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 03:20:52 pm »

Thank you very much

If you are using "next" git branch, then you must use the same "next" firmware. Version of GCS must match firmware exactly, otherwise some UAVs might not get decoded correctly and might have different meaning, set things differently than intended. That's why GCS detects version of firmware and asks to update.
Once you build binary, firmware is also build. For released version 16.09 firmware is on Wiki and should be shipped with GCS as well.
Thank you for your replying.
And now I use 16.09 firmware which is not matched to next git branch.
So I just need to build the next branch binary and the matched firmware will be there too?

Mateusz

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 03:45:40 pm »
Yes, when you build "next" branch it creates build/ directory with content
Code: [Select]
build/firmware/
build/librepilot-gcs_release/

These two directories contain firmware and gcs that are matching eachother. Of course whenever you pull changes from git, you need to do make clean, to make sure that both firmware and gcs is rebuild from the same sources. The version of "next" is git hash, which changes everytime developer commits new stuff to "next" branch. You shouldn't really pair any random version of "next" gcs/firmware. You need both build from exactly same source code.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:49:14 pm by Mateusz »