Esc's?
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:36:15 am »
So im looking to build an other quad and doing some homework on it .  i was thinking about running 5s motors and escs the problem is you never find good deals with the parts you want or need. I found a great deal on sunnysky 2306 2300kv with their esc's r45's
http://www.rcsunnysky.com/content/169.html   the issue is they currently have  blheli s on them. It may or may not be an issue i am still inexperienced at this awesome hobby. So can i just select multishot or oneshot 42?  In the output page? Would i have to flash the esc's? I have heard that the esc can run on slower protocol. I just dont know what librepilot can do. Also in the next branch i heard there are maybe some more protocols being worked on? So anyone with any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:42:16 am by Wayne'sWorld »

Re: Esc's?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 07:03:41 am »
My understanding is that "blheli s" are good and they will automatically detect and do oneshot or multishot.

Current LP does oneshot, but not multishot.  Next LP version will very probably do multishot.

@Mateusz will probably come by and verify this.  :)

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 08:24:23 am »
Current "next" git branch which is the coming version, has the following options (I don't know what the released version supports).
PWM,PWMSync,OneShot125,OneShot42,MultiShot,DShot

Two things DShot and BLHeli_S which are independent
  • DShot protocol is superior to Multishot. Dshot is digital, so it does not need to be stupidly faster to average the jitter, it is sharp and accurate already.
  • BLHeli_S runs on BusyBee2 chips (EFM8BB2), they use hardware generated PWM instead of programmed pin on and off. This means there is less jitter, wave is well timed and is very fast. I was shocked how more smoother and quite BLHeli_S sounds.

I think ESC should auto-detect protocol and run with OneShot125.

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 04:32:29 pm »
Thanks for the info guys.  I use gcs 16.09 and when i go to the output page it show that  multishot is available option in the drop down menu. I have  never tried it though so i don't know if it works. The down loaded  uav file for the eachine racer 250 was more than dialled for me.  All i had to do was mess with rates the better i got and change the flight modes. Thats why i really
never had to mess with it and try new things. now i want more power im moving on to greener fields  But other than that i love that quad.  Until the new ones built  and then i will probably kick it to the curb.
Jk its perfect  to try new things and crash with Thank  you guys
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:10:18 pm by Wayne'sWorld »

Anonator

• UAAV experimenting
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 03:57:38 am »
Using BLHeli_S with BB2.  Compiled next. If I select DShot is it needed to do esc calibration steps?
Ubuntu 18.04LTS.  F450 Quad.  3 Fixed wing planes.  Revo and OmniF4 flight controllers.

Mateusz

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 08:18:53 am »
Using BLHeli_S with BB2.  Compiled next. If I select DShot is it needed to do esc calibration steps?
With dshot nothing to calibrate ;) so not needed. I don't remember but check if setting neutral point is required, cause neutral point is not part of normal ESC calibration, only GCS adds it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 08:23:32 am by Mateusz »