Configuration will not save at end of setup wizard
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:32:52 pm »
Hi All and thanks for any advice in advance.
Currently building my first quad copter and after watching many youtube videos I decided to go with the CC3D flight controller.
I've downloaded the latest firmware version from Librepilot without any problems but I am unable to save any changes or save the set up at the end of the configuration wizard. This freezes at preparing mixer settings.
After a look around on the forum I was hopeful that the setting always armed was selected but its not.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Ian

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Configuration will not save at end of setup wizard
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:43:20 pm »
Hi, welcome.

This freezes at preparing mixer settings.
First do a Upgrade&Erase, wait the reboot after the effective erase before restart the Vehicle Wizard.
Double check your USB cable in some cases a bad cable can cause trouble.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:19:29 pm »
Hi Thanks.
I've tried the erase and upgrade several times with no change and updated the firmware manually.
I'll check the cable over but it is a new one off my camera. Everything else works, I can see the telemetry working, the motors and speed controllers setup fine. I can even carry out the transmitter set up but nothing will save.
Are all USB cables the same?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 11:41:31 pm »
Just saying a bad or defective cable can cause issues.

A setup freeze while reaching the mixer saving / almost the end of wizard is really strange...
Did you update the bootloader to the version 4 ?

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 09:49:38 am »
I would try a different computer.  Good luck!

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 10:19:08 am »
Hi, spent a couple more hours this morning. Tried a different lead and a different pc.
Checked boot loader is version 4.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 10:26:07 am »
Still can't save anything. Think I'll buy another board and give that a try.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 04:16:52 pm »
Hi again,

I've just noticed it does the same thing even if the board is not connected.
Could it possibly be a Windows problem?
I'm running windows 7 on the 2 PC's I've tried.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 05:45:12 pm »
I've just noticed it does the same thing even if the board is not connected.

I don't understand.  I thought you were saying it wouldn't save settings.  Board must be connected for that, so ... ???

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 06:43:23 pm »
I was trying yet another cable just to make triple sure. I ran the configuration wizard yet again but never noticed I'd pulled the cable out when saving the configuration.
Noticed the exact same thing happens.
It starts to save with the message "preparing mixer settings" sits like this for a few minutes the message then turns red and I can then select back or cancel.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 09:49:44 pm »
Whether it is connected or not can be seen in the lower right corner.

And if it is talking correctly, you will see the two meters (Tx and Rx in the black box at the bottom center) with always constantly high values (in the yellow/red).

bart

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 12:47:55 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the entire topic but I have the exact same issue. The thing is, that it worked the first time. But after flashing it with betaflight and restoring it to librepilot the CC3D is not able to store data anymore. The wizard stops at "preparing mixer settings". For me it looks like the "storage" where the FC writes data to is not available anymore. Is something like that possible? Is there any way to fully refresh the FC?

Thanks a lot!

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 06:14:40 pm »
After going to BF / CF / etc. you will need to flash the LP bootloader (using rescue method), then LP firmware (using manual method).  Make sure you erase settings after that.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/5669026/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Updatebootloader