ekrem

Re: oplink(100mW/1W)+hc05/06
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 09:17:11 am »
thanks for all nice infos and photos

xfce

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 08:50:38 am »
 ;D  I am happy you still like the project.
any questions are welcome, and if some body want the PCBA, I think i can help

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 08:03:46 pm »
Did you catch the fact that the RX_ANT and TX_ANT transistors are not needed and are actually incorrect?  :( :)   The signals were renamed with opposite polarity names ... and then defined to have opposite polarity, resulting in the actual signals being the same from RFM22 to RFM23BP.  You do not need to invert the signals for the RFM23BP.

xfce

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 06:39:51 am »
Did you catch the fact that the RX_ANT and TX_ANT transistors are not needed and are actually incorrect?  :( :)   The signals were renamed with opposite polarity names ... and then defined to have opposite polarity, resulting in the actual signals being the same from RFM22 to RFM23BP.  You do not need to invert the signals for the RFM23BP.

1)

2)

3)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:06:47 am by xfce »

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 08:33:13 am »
It's my understanding ... something like TX_ANT was active high in the RFM22B and that is now called RX_ON active low in the RFM23BP (or similar double inversion).  I can tell you that several people (including me) have modified a regular OpLink to remove RFM22B and replace it with RFM23BP with same wiring (no extra inversion logic) (using jumper wires on one side) and it works well.  :)

Your picture shows RX_ANT and TX_ANT for 23 where they should be called TX_ON and RX_ON?  Some versions show these as NC.  The RFM23BP specific datasheets I have label these as TX_ON and RX_ON.

TX_ON  I  Tx ON select input pin, When RFM23BP is TX state,TX_ON should be = 0, RX_ON should be = 1
RX_ON  I  Rx ON select input pin, When RFM23BPS is RX state,RX_ON should be = 0, TX_ON should be = 1

TX_ANT  I  Tx Antenna select input pin, When RFM22 is TX state,TX_ANT should be = 1, RX_ANT should be = 0
RX_ANT  I  Rx Antenna select input pin, When RFM22 is RX state,RX_ANT should be = 1, TX_ANT should be = 0

So note that for transmission it was TX_ANT=1 and now it is the same pin is called RX_ON and it must also be 1.

There is some description of an LNA in the RFM23BP that needs to be enabled in the registers.  I vaguely recall that is already handled in the OpLink code.  I could be wrong.  :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 08:38:52 am by TheOtherCliff »

xfce

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 09:23:18 am »
maybe my explain is not detailed, but I have to say , you can just use 23module as 22module by the hardware convert, and  also I have tested both module, they worked correctly ^-^

ekrem

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 08:00:57 pm »
so

if we want use 23 module whit telemetry+control we must use q1 and q2 transistor
or only  use control no need these transistor  is it right  ?

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 08:30:58 pm »
I have taken a standard OpLink, removed the RFM22B and installed RFM23BP (with only some power supply circuit changes since RFM23BP needs higher voltage than RFM22B while OpLink CPU still needs old lower voltage) and it works fine.  :)

The RFM23BP would probably be designed to be pin compatible with RFM22B just because that is the smart thing to do.  The RFM23BP signals were renamed in a confusing way, but appear to be compatible with RFM22B and so to me it looks like the transistors and support resistors need to be removed and the circuit rewired or just jumpered so that the signal is not inverted by the transistors, but just passed straight through without being changed.

Some of these RFM2x* boards have the two signals we are discussing labeled as NC (no connection) and these may work fine regardless of what you connect there.

ekrem

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 08:47:45 am »
hi thanks for all infos

I want to make arduino based diy rc transmitter  (project link below)
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2959179-Arduino-radio-for-HK-T6A-or-Flysky-FS-CT6B-%28ArduTX-rebirth%29

so now ready proto type (below picture) and need some software tricks but works

my plan is adding revo telemetry data to my ardu based TX but I think difficult

how I can simple streaming data from Revo

testing this link code not work because need uav object header (where this file store )
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/93945858/Extend+a+Flightcontroller+with+an+Arduino

I am trying install openpilot developmet ide on pc after then download 30gb link crash so not installing this ide

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 05:55:34 pm »
UAVO structure is complicated.  You might start by looking in file flight/uavtalk/uavtalk.c at function sendSingleObject(...) to see the wrapper that Revo/Oplink puts around a UAVO to send it out.  Each different UAVO ID is generated at compile time.  It is just some kind of check sum (md5sum?) of the UAVO definition file (an xml file).  You will not find these IDs defined in any file until after you build things, and then they will be in header files in the build directory.

Be aware that UAVOs do not include timestamps.  For logging / timing / scope purposes, they are currently added by GCS when GCS receives a UAVO.  I  think that it would be better for the Revo to add the timestamp, but it is not currently implemented that way (from what I recall of 16.09).  Requiring the receiving code to add timestamps make it less accurate (think transmit retries or clogged data links) and makes adding a simple external logger complicated because it needs to understand UAVO format (to add the timestamps) instead of just storing the data.

ekrem

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2019, 10:18:48 am »
Thanks again

I only need simple batt voltage, rssi, satellite telemetry data

I am finding this link sample code 

https://github.com/cdaller/Arduino-Openpilot-UAVTalk
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:15:31 pm by ekrem »

ekrem

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 08:03:24 pm »
librepilot ide installing ok

but no compile gcs or package always compileake error   "ssleay32.dll error"  how is solve this error ?
but firmware and uavobjects compile ok.

this new firmware is using the revo whitout compile new gcs

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2019, 01:11:44 am »
but no compile gcs or package always compileake error   "ssleay32.dll error"  how is solve this error ?
ssleay32.dll is a part of OpenSSL.  Check to see that all OpenSSL requirements are installed (e.g. dev package).

this new firmware is using the revo without compile new gcs
Some things do not match and when they need both FC and GCS, they will not work correctly.  When versions are very close, there are very few mismatches.  When versions are very different, there are many mismatches.

ekrem

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2019, 06:04:44 am »
ssleay32.dll is a part of OpenSSL.  Check to see that all OpenSSL requirements are installed (e.g. dev package).

this new firmware is using the revo without compile new gcs
Some things do not match and when they need both FC and GCS, they will not work correctly.  When versions are very close, there are very few mismatches.  When versions are very different, there are many mismatches.

thanks again

if I want use uavobjects file we must use new  compiled Revo Firmware and new GCS is is Right

maybe simple solution  for receiving  telemetry data from revo use UAVTALK arduino

and I think all package installed but how I can solve ssleay32.dll error ?

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2019, 06:04:38 pm »
if I want use uavobjects file we must use new  compiled Revo Firmware and new GCS is is Right
You can compile and use any version that you want to use and get the UAVO definitions from that version.  Once you have the source repository cloned, you select the version you want using git commands.

maybe simple solution  for receiving  telemetry data from revo use UAVTALK arduino
@f5soh pointed to this wiki article that you may find interesting:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/LPDOC/pages/93945858/Extend+a+Flightcontroller+with+an+Arduino

and I think all package installed but how I can solve ssleay32.dll error ?
I would look at the part of the output that has the error to see what it was doing and look at the exact error message.  Maybe you have a different version of OpenSSL installed than it wants.  Maybe you just need to update your environment variables to tell it where to find OpenSSL. Try to search for all OpenSSL dlls and see what is there.