OPLink only connects if Link Type is set to "Control"
« on: August 17, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »
Hi LibrePiloters!

I'm working through some issues with my Revo Mini and Oplink Ground. I have the ground side set up as the coordinator and the vehicle side as the receiver. If I set the Link Type to "Control", I can establish a connection just fine. Once connected, I can switch to "DataAndControl". However, if the Link Type is "DataAndControl", I can't establish a connection.

Obviously changing the Link Type after the connection is made is not practical. Any ideas why it won't connect with the Link Type as "DataAndControl"? Any ideas are appreciated!

Brian

Re: OPLink only connects if Link Type is set to "Control"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 06:06:32 pm »
I'm not sure I understand. Changing the link type should not take effect until you restart both modems.

Can you show screen shots of the configuration screens of both modems when you have them configured as DataAndControl?

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 06:25:03 pm »
Thanks for the response.

Changing the link type should not take effect until you restart both modems.

Originally, I had thought that once the two modems connected, I could switch to "DataAndControl". But if it doesn't change until a restart, then my problem is simply that I can't connect the modems when the link type is set to "DataAndControl". They only seem to connect when the Link Type is set to "Control".

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 06:27:10 pm »
Man, I'm an idiot.

I thought I had double checked, but apparently I needed to triple check. The Oplink Ground was set to "Control". No wonder that's the only Link Type that would connect. The OPLink's were functioning just fine...user error strikes again!

Thanks again, Brian!

Brian

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 06:30:18 pm »
No problem. There is quite a bit to configure, so it's easy to make a mistake. I do it all the time!