What about motors spinning at neutral?
« on: June 21, 2017, 07:39:04 am »
When you check this box does it mean that your motors spin at there own leasure or do the motors spin at there neutral values you set  in LP? When they are armed.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: What about motors spinning at neutral?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:51:40 am »
What do you mean with "at there own leasure" ?

"Motors spin at neutral output when armed and throttle below zero (be careful)"

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 09:04:27 am »
I guess I'm over thinking it. Because what I want as a feature is not what it says. In my mind i think clicking the box sounds like it should let my props rotate freely. So at zero throttle when I'm flying there is brake applied to stop the props that in return let's my craft falling out of the sky and if there is no force applied to the props at the end of the no throttle then the props keep free wheeling. Cuz when I set my nutruals I have them set to 1080 so they spin fast when any throttle is applied. So thanks for pointing that out for me. And I will just use my throttle control for my issue and not no fancie box that I check. Or I will try messing. With lower neutral points.  And checking the box. I will have to find that out.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 07:34:34 pm »
Motor braking can be found while configuring the Esc himself according to the firmware used, like BLHeli.
Neutral value for output is the minimal value where the motor just start spinning.

Sorry but i don't understand your issue or what you want to achieve exactly.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 02:22:25 am »
That wording is a little confusing I think.  :)

When the motor signal is set to Neutral, the motors spin at the speed you set up for "lowest reliable speed" when you did the wizard.  Checking that check box will make them spin at that speed when the throttle stick is all the way down.  That is what this means.

The default for LP flight modes is to stop the motors if you move the throttle stick all the way down.  That is a safety feature.

Some people want to do flips with their quad, and they want the motors to continue to work even if they move the throttle stick all the way down, so they can still control it, even with the throttle stick all the way down.  This is one way to slow the motors down, but not stop them during flips.  CruiseControl is another way, but it works differently...