Hi All,

I'm a Noob and just got a Hobbyking SMACK TF250C supposedly Plug & Play. I'm pairing it with a Turnigy TGY-IG transmitter and AFHDS 2A receiver. I've gone through the wizards and gotten everything set-up correctly including the transmitter settings but now, disconnected from the computer the motors won't spin up when I apply the throttle (or do anything with the transmitter.) Am I missing something? I'm assuming that, if I could go through the transmitter setup wizard my transmitter and receiver are communicating to the board? When I went through the vehicle wizard I was able to get the motors to spin up, so I'm assuming the board is communicating with the ESCs?

A side issue that I need to report is that I initially tried to use Black Rhino and could not get through the wizard at all. It would fail on every step and then just stopped when it came to detecting level. I loaded the older release version and hey, presto it worked the first time.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
If older release work for you i would say "Stay with it"

Maybe if you have the settings for the working config and the other not working we can see whats wrong ?
File > Export UAV Settings.

Do the LEDs on the CC3D come on when you plug in the battery (no USB connected)?  If not there is a problem.

Do you understand about arming?  If not, you forgot to set arming at end of wizard.  Go to Input -> Arming and select something (not Always Armed), save and try to arm, then see if throttle works.

We have a winner! It was the arming issue. I guess Always disarmed means it will never fly? Told you I was a noob. Thanks for the help.