Arming CC3D
« on: December 02, 2015, 12:11:52 am »
Hello,

Just installed Libre Pilot and flashed firmware 15.09. I'm using a CC3D official from open pilot.
I started with all the settings from scratch.

I have gone through all of the setup wizards and everything works with my Taranis
except I am unable to get the CC3D to arm. I use Roll Left to arm and selected it after I went
through the wizard a few times.

This has happened in the past using OP GCS but I was able to resolve it by running the setup wizard
again and it seemed to fix itself.

Anyone have some clues?

QAV 250 Carbon
Lumineer 1806-14 2300KV
Lumineer Simon K 12A ESC

Re: Arming CC3D
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 12:29:52 am »
USB Plugged in, Battery plugged in, set to arm always, throttle works as expected.
Changed back to Roll left and nothing.
QAV 250 Carbon
Lumineer 1806-14 2300KV
Lumineer Simon K 12A ESC

xpantz

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 02:02:12 am »
Not that it makes a lot of difference but the most common thing is YAW right to arm.  Also has to be 0 throttle.

So if you arm by switch it flies ok?  All movements as expected?

You might need to post some screen shots of your GCS pages.  All green lights on the System Health page?

With your quad powered up/radio on and connected to the GCS check on the Inputs>rcinputs page and check the movement of your sticks. 

Recalibrate your TX... try a manual calibration.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:39:28 am »
Fixed. Your  reply gave me some clues..
CGS page had motors set to PWM Sync instead of PWM.
Now it arms and disarms just fine. Thanks!

Don't have any open space to test fly atm but will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks!
QAV 250 Carbon
Lumineer 1806-14 2300KV
Lumineer Simon K 12A ESC

xpantz

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 04:57:38 am »
Great.  Good luck with the test flight!

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 04:38:45 am »
I also had this issue.I noticed that after you set your control, but before it takes you to the arming page, it says to remember to "save" your settings. It also says to center your controls before you do so. I always had my throttle stick down when I clicked save. I don't know if centering the throttle stick before saving is what fixed it or not, but it worked fine after that. I noticed that the throttle being all the way down is a requirement for all the arming or disarming functions plus the command you choose.

ArnhemAnt

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 01:24:36 pm »
I've never really given this much thought, but I guess it would have an effect. When setting up the radio, I always center ALL sticks when asked to do so - and have never had an issue. I guess if you don't center the throttle, then maybe this may throw things out?
In regards to this part of the setup wizard, I guess that the GCS needs to determine all the end points for the TX, which is why it is asking to center all sticks before progressing. Failure to do so may hinder you arming, particularly when most people set arming for no throttle and either yaw right/left.
If you do what you need, you’re surviving. If you do what you want, you’re living.