CC3d Tuning for TriCopter
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:13:11 am »
So, this is my first run with CC3D and Librepilot. Before I always used Cleanflight/Betflight/iNav but I was never able to get the tail stabilized on the Tri. With the CC3D and Rhino, the tail is very stable. However, when I hover the Tri I do have some drift to the right side. It is not too bad but enough to be annoying. So, I wonder if I can get the drift under control with some changes in the settings? Where would I start looking and make some changes? Currently everything is in the default settings.
I would be thankful for any tips or hints.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:25:27 am by Micropitt »

Re: CC3d Tuning for TriCopter
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 11:50:59 am »
First, make sure you have run a thermal calibration.  After that do a gyro calibration again (probably only affective for Revo class).

Then, I would hand tune the yaw PID with yaw set to Rate, not AxisLock.  You may need more "I" term to make it hold better.

Next, make sure you have yaw set to AxisLock (FMS setup).  You might increase the AxisLock hold angle (I forget what it is called).  I think these settings are in the Stabilization page IIRC.

Default says to do gyro bias at power up and again at arming, so it must be sitting on the ground (not in your hand) when you arm it or the tiniest motion of your hand will cause drift.

Re: CC3d Tuning for TriCopter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 12:36:27 pm »
Thank you, I'll look in to it.