Trouble setting up transmitter in LibrePilot
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:48:10 pm »
Hello,

I'm new to this forum but I can't think of any solution. I'm currently building a QAV250 with a CC3D flight controller and a Taranis 9x transmitter/receiver combo. I was able to go through all of the Vehicle Setup with no problem but now I'm trying to use the Transmitter Setup Wizard. I select Acro mode and Mode 2 but when it asks me to move the sticks and switches through the minimums and maximums I does not show any movement. I've read a few post about that being normal and to just go through with the rest of the steps but I can't move on from the throttle setup because the 'next' button is faded. I can't click 'next'. I'm not sure whether it's LibrePilot that is setup up incorrectly or my transmitter/receiver. I know the receiver is bound because the red light is solid. Another idea I have is that the wiring is incorrect between the receiver and CC3D. I have it setup as a PPM connection so there should be only one connection anyways. I'm at a loss. Any ideas/suggestions?

Re: Trouble setting up transmitter in LibrePilot
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 09:12:14 pm »
USB only powers the CC3D.  To power anything else (RC receiver), you must plug in the flight battery.

Other than that, if you know you have your receiver set up correctly for PPM and have it connected to the CC3D correctly, you might look at the Input page and watch upper right corner as you wiggle sticks.  It will tell you which protocol (must be enabled) and channel is moving.  Also the sliders move if they have been set up.

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 09:46:37 pm »
Thank you for your reply. As far as I remember there was no movement showed in the upper right corner. How would I enable that function? Also, do you know which channel the CC3D should be plugged into on the receiver? I know for PPM only one power, ground, and signal wire need to be connected but I've seen some people using different channels. Does this matter?

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:02:02 pm »
You must have the correct receiver protocol selected on the port that the receiver is connected to.  All on the Hardware page, but that is handled automatically when you use the the wizard and follow directions.

Do you have it plugged in where the wizard said and the flight battery plugged in?

According to the wiki, you can use either the first signal wire (pin3) or the last signal wire (pin8) of the 8 pin receiver port (also called Flexi-IO).  You must select the matching receiver port input protocol on the Hardware page.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 10:26:48 pm »
Yes, I followed everything the setup wizard said to do and have the flight battery plugged in. According to the link you included, I do in fact have the CC3D and receiver wired correctly.

Do you know of any way I could test the transmitter/receiver connection? The light inside the receiver is on indicating that they are bound.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 03:21:42 am »
From what I recall, the receiver has to have a certain set of jumpers when you bind it to be PPM and whatever protocol, like D8; also the transmitter must be set to a certain mode (like D8) to match the receiver.

I would try configuring the Rx to be PWM and plug a servo (or PWM ESC/motor with no prop) in for testing.

One other thing that I might try once I knew that PWM was working.  I suspect that you could plug any 1 PWM channel into the FC PPM input and the PPM input would work, but only that channel would be available and it would be the first PPM channel.

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 03:56:12 am »
Thank you so much for your help! I've finally got my quad working and flew a couple times today. Turns out PPM was the wrong setting, so once I wired the receiver for PWM and mapped out each channel I was able to use the transmitter wizard. Now it's time to go buy more props! Thanks again!