Eachine 250 Light switch setup
« on: December 01, 2015, 04:08:20 pm »
Hi I'm new to flight configuring. I have setup my Eachine 250 but don't know how to set up SWA switch to toggle the lights.
I have a Fly sky i6 Tx and a FS-ia6B Rx using PWM. I have put the special light lead from the CC3d board to channel six on my Rx.
If someone could give me some straight forward step by step instructions that would be great.

Hope you can help.

cheers

Re: Eachine 250 Light switch setup
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 09:37:26 pm »
I don't have an Eachine, but a quick search says that it has a switch on the aircraft to turn lights on / off.

There would be several things needed to get lights to work on a transmitter switch.

- an electronic switch to connect to a servo signal in the vehicle.  this is a gadget you will have to buy or make from components.
- replacing or paralleling (either one on and it is on) or serialing (only on if both are on) the mechanical switch with the electronic switch
- correct transmitter programming to make the switch SWA control the channel

grum

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 06:12:03 pm »
I have an Eachine:
there is a small connector J10 (close to the blinking leds)
If you connect this connector to one channel of you receiver (eg 6) you can toggle the lights
with a switch on your transmitter (the switch should be programmed to trigger channel 6 and operated on/off a few times)
Important: manual switch at the quad must remain "off"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:23:08 am by grum »

Zrisst

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 06:53:59 am »
Any case, if you like DIY you can build up a switch from a scratch servo :)

Algunos salían a buscar la inmortalidad con tanta intensidad que no volvían.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (de los pilotos de prueba).

Lahiru

• Build . Fly . Crash . REPEAT
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 04:40:39 am »
I have eachine racer 250 buddy.You can assign switch to ch6 or ch5 with your transmitter.for example if you choose ch5 and swA switch use  swA0=0 swA1 = 100.it fill let you to turn on lights by tx.Don't forget to connect lights plug to rx ch5 port.i'm using upgraded deviation devo 7e. settings are difference between flysky and deviation..but it's simple to do. Good LUCK>>

« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:45:29 am by lahiru4216 »

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 02:49:38 pm »
I just changed my receiver from a PPM to a 6 channel PWM everything is working great but I have a question about the back lights. I am using the FS-TH9X Radio and wonder if I can change the color of the lights in the back. Any help would be appreciated. They are defaulted to Blue and I would like to change them to RED any help would greatly be appreciated. And if this is possible as much detail as how to do this would be great. Thanks again Grandpa Jake

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 04:13:33 am »
Just keep turning off and on. They switch colors.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 04:17:49 am »
I still cannot get my lights to turn on and off.  I have the FlySky transmitter and receiver, and my quad is hooked up with PPM.  It runs a flies great, and I can even switch to different flight modes, but I cannot get the lights to turn on and off with the switch.  I have the J10 connector hooked up with a single white wire to my receiver on channel 6.  I also have my transmitter settings set to the switch I want to use for channel 6.  I even tried to assign channel 6 to Accessory 0 in LibrePilot, and still no luck.  Thoughts?

hwh

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 05:15:45 am »
J10 is looking for a PWM signal on it to toggle.  And it really wants it to toggle on and then off.  The first on/off turns on the headlights and tail lights.  Each subsequent toggle changes the color of the tail lights.  After about a half dozen toggles both head and tail light turn off.  My J10 is hooked directly to the receiver's channel 6 but I'm using PWM, not PPM.

If your transmitter and receiver are set to PPM it probably won't see a signal.  You'll probably have to set it up following the instructions for a buzzer at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Adding+a+buzzer+to+Multirotor+frame but where the example input is PWM set it to PPM and whatever channel you're using. And pay attention to the known issues near the end of the wiki page.  Then hook  J10 to the cc3d or revo output you selected.

Remember the manual light switch has to be OFF for any of this to work.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:48:00 am by hwh »

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 08:54:03 pm »
I think you need an electronic switch to connect to a servo signal in the vehicle. 
Replacing or paralleling (either one on and it is on) or serialing (only on if both are on) the mechanical switch with the electronic switch and correct transmitter programming to make the switch SWA control the channel.

pcb prototype
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:52:40 pm by RafRola »

hwh

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 09:05:29 pm »
The eachine 250 has all the electronics built into it's power distribution board.  They even supply the proper cable to hook it up.

ajdavis402

• Just starting this thing.
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 05:25:29 am »
So I just found this topic, and I wanted to confirm what was listed above as it seemed to cause some confusion.

The Eachine Racer 250 ARF came with several wiring harnesses. One was an adapter plug with 2 ports on it. The wires that went into those ports were a black PWM cable that plugs into the main port on the FC board, and a second 2-wire cable. That cable runs from the adapter plug to the 2-pin plug on the  quad main base, next to the light switch. If you do this, you can then program LP to use it as a channel input. On my FS-i6 I went into the settings (hold OK), and then to functions, and set SWA (or any switch) to be channel 6. Channel 5, I set to SWC, since this switch has 3 positions and can be used for the flight mode settings in LP.

I looked at a thousand posts on this before figuring out how it can work best. It stinks, since every flick of the switch goes from off, then to on, then to changing the tail light to its 7 different colors, then back to off. So once you turn it on, its 18 flicks to get it back off. Annoying, but it works better than using the switch on the quad.