andyp

Quad flips after arming and then flies well
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:54:42 pm »
Hello,

when I arm the quad and increase a little bit the throttle, one or more props go very high and one stands still.

I have to hold the quad down and play a little bit with pitch and roll and the in takes off fine. It also flies fine!

Has this something to do with gyro init while arming? I already set "wait until board is steady" to on? Should I turn this off?

Any ideas?

Regards
Andy

Re: Quad flips after arming and then flies well
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 09:20:40 pm »
Leave "Wait Until Steady" at default (on).

Comment:  After doing transmitter wizard (part of setup) don't ever change the transmitter trims.  Use Attitude->Settings->RotateVirtual to make it hover without drifting.  That might be a cause.

Also did you do "board leveling" calibration on the Attitude page?

But the usual cause is that your quad should be sitting on a level landing pad before takeoff.  And it is important (especially if you have this problem) to takeoff as soon as you arm and start the motors.  You should arm, start motors, and take off with a quick jump up to knee high.  Do not increase the throttle slowly as that will cause the problem you have.  You can practice with larger and larger throttle blips to see how much power it needs to take off.