Xviews

Multishot, Dshot Autotune problems
« on: May 28, 2017, 06:22:44 pm »
Hey guys,

I have built two new quadrocopters both with T-Motor F60/F80 and the new Racerstar RS40A V2 40A BLHELI_S ESC.

My problem is, with Multishot in 16.09 and Autotune i got a drop out from sky every time i try and esc are beeping.
with the next build and Dshot the same, i cant find the problem.
I do not know if it is also during flying(i dont want test it because the problem), but with oneshot125 no problems and autotune tune all right :)

Someone also the problem.

thx for help
greets xviews

Re: Multishot, Dshot Autotune problems
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:29:46 am »
Is there a problem with oneshot42?

Maybe test with Output page with Test Outputs too?

Sounds like when AutoTune (or probably anything else) makes a large change that the ESCs stop.

Xviews

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 07:23:20 am »
Hey TheOtherCliff
I have oneshot42 not tested because the esc only support D-Shot 600/300/150 Multishot and Oneshot125.

In the output page, the motors rotate normally, only with fast movements of the slider, motors stuttering very short.

The question is why stop the esc`s in other modes and not in oneshot125.....

librepilot has no Gyro Update and PID Loop Frequenz or ? autotune change only PID settings ?

thanks

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 07:42:36 am »
I thought dshot was only available in next and not in 1609.

Xviews

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 08:08:57 am »
I thought dshot was only available in next and not in 1609.

Yes right, i build a next Version. i tested multishot in 1609 and dshot in next
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:03:56 am by Xviews »

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 02:03:32 pm »
What are your min and max values on the Output page.  Min for Dshot must be 48 or higher.
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=3467.msg23712;topicseen#msg23712
  This is apparently incorrect.  You need to set min=0 and max=2000 (or less) since the code translates the 0 into a 48 (1 into 49, etc.) or similar.

Maybe a similar issue for Multishot?
Use Output page "Test Outputs".  Do all your motors run reliably from Neutral value all the way to Max value?

Other than that, the only thing I can think of that AutoTune does, that an ESC/battery might not like, is that it changes instantly from low to high or high to low.  This might cause issues with some ESC/motor combinations that don't work perfectly together, or a battery / power system that can't handle the surge in current caused by a large sudden jump in RPM.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:58:30 am by TheOtherCliff »

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 11:57:12 pm »
@Xviews

Do not forget that for your complete system to support reliably high frequency ESC protocols (such as Multishot and Dshot) it is not enough that just FC and ESC support it, but your entire wiring must be very good.

Regarding Dshot in LibrePilot, minimum is fixed at 0 and maximum is 2000 but can be lowered if required. These values are what you see in GCS/Output page and they represent the actual throttle values. These are *not* the low level dshot protocol values.

Xviews

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 12:24:38 pm »
thanks for help,

i will try it on the weekend again and hope its works. If it does not work, I post my setup to find the problem.