CC3D Evo - Transmitter Setup - No YAW issue.
« on: May 27, 2017, 10:45:52 pm »
Hi guys,

Ive been building a generic ZMR250ish Chinese bundle build with a Flysky FS-TH9X transmitter with a FS-R9B receiver.

Ive got the board upgraded etc, and have moved though the setup wizard, all was going well until I had to move the left stick left and right for yaw. The CC3D does not register it moving. Pitch & Throttle are fine, it all goes to hell when I get to YAW.

The wiring loom is connected correctly, Channels 1-6 are filled and all the Signal wires are in the correct location etc. The transmitter is being found as you have to go through 2/3 other stick waggling sections before YAW.

Ive checked the continuity mode on all the wires and they are all fine in the wiring loom.

I am seriously frustrated, can anyone please help me, ive googled a lot of pages, but nothing seems to say how to fix this.

Thanks in advance...
Today I took you to the edge of Oblivion...

Tomorrow Forward!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D Evo - Transmitter Setup - No YAW issue.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:33:56 pm »
Take a look here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/RC+Transmitter+Wizard#RCTransmitterWizard-Partiallyworks

Without starting the transmitter wizard you can monitor and debug the inputs looking at Receiver Activity. https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Input+Configuration#InputConfiguration-RemoteControlInput

The wire position in your receiver doesn't matter, try swapping wires if the issue still for Yaw stick

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 10:28:28 am »
Thanks so much for the very fast reply...

Unfortunately I have had no luck swapping out wires around different channels & ports on the receiver.

If I end the controller setup wizard when it fails at setting the YAW channel, I can click save and then cancel, I can then thee the first 3 sliders moving backwards and forwards but YAW is dead.

Do I need a new controller & receiver? or a new CC3D FC? Im really at my wits end.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:35:16 am by Out2lunch »

Tomorrow Forward!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 10:43:04 am »
Again, no need to start the wizard.

Disconnect all the wires and do some testing using only the 3wires connector.
Test all the outputs from your receiver, 1, 2, 3... connecting the 3wires connector and move the stick linked with the receiver output.

You should see something like "PWM - input 1" into the Receiver Activity field (Top - Right)

After the testing you will be able to know if your issue is related to the receiver or the board.

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 09:40:46 am »
Thanks for your help so far f5soh.

Ok I have done the testing that you require I hope.

Using just the RED, BLACK & White connection only...
(Setting each one individually to Channel 1 in the GUI, then moving the connection from Receiver Chanel 1 to 4)

Throttle - Moves Left & Right
Roll - Moves Left & Right
Pitch - Moves Left & Right
Yaw - Moves Left & Right - Had to reset limits to 1000 & 1900 as it was set to something tiny)

Plugged in the first 4 wires -

Receiver Channel 3 - Throttle - Moves Left & Right
Receiver Channel 1 - Roll - Moves Left & Right
Receiver Channel 2 - Pitch - Moves Left & Right
Receiver Channel 4 - Yaw - Does not move just stays centred.

FYI - Receiver Channel Settings  -  From this page  -   https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter/comments/1mund0/fsr9b_channel_assignments/

1: Ailerons
2: Elevator
3: Throttle
4: Rudder
The rest can be assigned as you see fit. It's all visible on the transmitter display, go into the display option in the menu and it's shown top (channel 1) to bottom (channel 8).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:17:43 pm by Out2lunch »

Tomorrow Forward!

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 07:56:56 pm »
It's hard to see in your picture, but it looks like your yaw input is not configured correctly.

Look at the second and third columns on the Input page.  Yaw needs to be PWM and the correct yaw channel number.

ernstock

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 08:58:30 pm »
I think your testing suggests the transmitter / Receiver is ok.
(?)
Have you tried - remove plug from cc3d , look at the pins in the plug socket on the cc3d with a magnifying glass -they can easily get bent over.
Or , connect all 6 signal wires , go through tx wizard again

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 09:14:21 pm »
As a workaround you can ignore the fourth input wire and use the remaining wire.
This simply limit you for a accessory channel usage.

Again, no need to assign a specific input wire to a receiver output.
Connect all you want (without the input 4 wire) and redo Transmitter wizard.

As already said, check the pins / pcb if something weird around the pin6 into the receiver port

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 11:39:12 am »
As a workaround you can ignore the fourth input wire and use the remaining wire.
This simply limit you for a accessory channel usage.

Again, no need to assign a specific input wire to a receiver output.
Connect all you want (without the input 4 wire) and redo Transmitter wizard.

As already said, check the pins / pcb if something weird around the pin6 into the receiver port

Ive done exactly that, not all stick work in the gui and the wizard.

Issue im having now is I cant seem to make a flightmode switch & accessory, I can waggle all my switches but nothing registers. Well no issue I can set it to not have a flightmode so it only will use the first one.

No accessory means my buzzer will just work on low bat no worries there to get to a maiden crash or 3.

Also setting arming does to jack either, so set top always armed motors spin up no worries, but set it to pitch right etc quad doesnt arm.

Anyway thanks so much for being so patient with such a noob, its really appreciated.

Tomorrow Forward!