esc's burning up
« on: May 25, 2017, 11:41:52 am »
Hi all new to this forum. Built quad 250 DIY kit from ebay. Comes with 2204/2300kv motors, emax simone series 12amp esc's, 5045 props, cc3d fc. I built it ran Librepilot connected with usb cable. while upgrading fc usb connects and disconnects also when calibrating. Got to esc high and low then to motor startup initially motor start at 1160's for 2 or 3 and higher for others did 2 flights on 2nd flight #2 esc(ccw) burnt up. replaced with same esc this time motor start 1050's for 3 higher for one(always #3 cw) 2flights again and again esc burnt this time #4 esc(ccw).I am new to quad builds but have been flying fixed wing for 5-6 yrs. have 2 more quads I want to build, since I like flying quads, but don't want to start those builds until this one is figured out. Please help

Re: esc's burning up
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 11:52:28 am »
I had similar issue and I suspected but never proved that the pdb had some problem and the power going through the two pads. Only reason I still believe that was the case is the problem disappeared after desoldering it all and replacing pdb.  I went through 3 esc before I had an idea to change the pdb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:33:30 pm »
Are you running a 3s pack?  Those props would definitely be to big for 4s, maybe even too big for 3s (the 45 pitch worries me).

Do the motors or ESCs get too hot to hold on 3s?

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 10:49:19 pm »
I burnt though an ESC on my first lipo board power up, the PDB had a fault with it, I went out and purchased an Multi-Meter after that and then made my own wiring loom with a bit of thicker wire to join all the ESC's together, got 4 more ESC's delivered just in case something happens again to them.
Today I took you to the edge of Oblivion...

Tomorrow Forward!