anthropo

New ESC weird sounds
« on: May 17, 2017, 08:40:56 pm »
Hello,

I just have bought https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-RS20Ax4-V2-Blheli_S-20A-2-4S-4-in-1-ESC-D-Shot-in-Default-with-5V-LBEC-for-FPV-Racer-p-1107071.html?rmmds=myorder but it makes a weird sound (jerks) with my revolution board.

If i put it directly behind a receiver it sounds normal.

I have tried oneshot, pwmsync but no luck with that.

Do i need to go in BLHELIsuite and reprogramm those ESC ?

Thank you

anthropo

Re: New ESC weird sounds
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 10:26:28 pm »
seems to be a problem with dshot ? they say
-D-Shot in default
-Support Oneshot42, oneshot125 and multishot

Do i need to flash cleanflight or betaflight to pass through and downgrade them to oneshot 125 ?

Will it work to your opinion ?

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 05:00:12 am »
"Strange sounds"...  Is it playing a very short tune or something else?  The tune that it plays tells you a lot of information.  Maybe Google to find "BLHeli Sounds" and see what it is saying.  One of the sounds says that input is not in a normal range which can mean that it needs ESC calibration.  Another sound is normal startup.  Etc.

Have you tried Oneshot* ?  Is that when it makes the strange sounds?  I thought they automatically detected the protocol and did not need changing from one protocol to another.

If it works when attached to the receiver, then it works with Revo PWM.  I suggest you set Revo to PWMSync.  You could also use PWM 490Hz.

Do they all fail or just some?  Make sure that all the output banks (top of the Output page) that have an ESC connected are set correctly.

Try ESC calibration using Oneshot142.  If that doesn't work, try ESC calibration using 1900 max and PwmSync.

anthropo

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 05:46:44 am »
Thank you. The noise motor makes is like a coffee grinder. all of them. i tried all different settings you say. no luck.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 06:42:04 am »
Does it spin with maybe the sound of a bad bearing or does it spit and sputter and never actually start spinning?

It is probably a bad part.  You could swap parts to find out whether the ESC or motor is bad.