Olz

Settings keep erasing
« on: March 11, 2017, 05:10:05 pm »
So about a week ago I purchased a brand new CC3D for my 210 styled quadcopter. I had an issue with my old CC3D atom with it just randomly falling out the sky. However this new board has the same issue, as well as many others. Whenever I complete my calibration, and setup the controller all seems to be fine. However when I come to fly the quadcopter it will fall out the sky at randomly. I will then plug it back in to check everything, and all my settings will be erased. I have tried to attach a config file from before the quadcopter is turned off in case that shows any issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have used many cc3d's in my builds. I have trawled the internet and am yet to find a solution.
(PS using a spektrum DSMX satellite reciever with a DX9. Also running oneshot ESCS (Brand new))

Re: Settings keep erasing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 06:02:26 pm »
If the FC fails to boot, it will come up temporarily with a set of default settings.  The old settings are still there as long as you don't save settings over the top of them.

So I think the way to attack this is to find out what causes the "won't boot" with your settings issue.

First of all, if you power it with USB do you get the "real" settings?  How about when you add flight battery power after booting with USB?

If you can get it to boot with settings with USB, do an export of those settings if they are newer.  You may want them later.

If it boots correctly with USB, but not with flight battery, be aware that flight battery also gives power to plugged in devices like the receiver, but USB does not give power to those.  Try unplugging things to find out what it "doesn't like" when powered with the battery.

Olz

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 08:25:15 pm »
I tried different methods of having certain components plugged in etc but still no success. However luckily the config file I saved can be re uploaded so I dont have to go through the setup procedure every time! However I am still unsure of how to make the board work reliably. I will do some more tests. I think its almost as though the reciever goes into failsafe and cuts all power to the motors.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 09:52:10 pm »
Tested your config file (15.09) here and settings are not reverted to defaults after reboot.
Did you try the 16.09 GCS if the issue still the same ?

Not related to the erased settings but you should adjust the neutral value for all motors in Output tab.