Elvis

Trimming an Airplane
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:01:50 pm »
What is the recommended procedure for trimming an airplane for level flight with CC3D? Currently after initial setup (set level, center control surfaces with neutral slider, etc...) I fly the plane with CC3D in manual mode and adjust trims, AIL, ELE, RUD, until plane flies level.

At this point I'm wondering if it would be better to transfer these trim settings from my radio TX to the CC3D or if I should just leave the trims in the radio. If I leave the trims in the radio, should I re-calibrate the radio thru Librepilot or will that recenter the control surfaces back to the pre-trimmed locations?

Thanks

Re: Trimming an Airplane
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:07:56 pm »
Best practice is to have the trims on cc3d because when you fly in attitude or rate with trims on the TX the FC see small stick inputs that are the trim.

On my wing I fly manual first work out where the trim should be if possible adjust the linkage from servo to control horns, if I can't I adjust linkage I add trim in FC

Re: Trimming an Airplane
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 03:20:23 am »
An easy way that I sometimes use is to trim airplane manually (best way is to manually adjust linkages so your trims are centered) without FC. Then add FC.  Run wizard, including transmitter wizard.  Copy the input min, neutral, max, reverses to output.  Done.

Of course this requires that you can fly without FC stabilization.