HOTT SUMD and I2C
« on: February 08, 2017, 07:46:27 pm »
Hi,

Is there a way to setup the revolution board so Graupner HOTT with SUMD and I2C (for external magnetometer) can be used at the same time? It would be great to use a relatively cheap Graupner GR-12L receiver (which only supports SUMD) and magnetometer at the same time.

Using v16.09 it seems that only the FlexiPort can be used for either HOTT or I2C.
Is there a reason (e.g. hardware restrictions) why this is only possible on the Flexi Port?

Thanks

Re: HOTT SUMD and I2C
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 08:48:49 pm »
Sorry, the source code says that only Sparky2 can do SUMD on a different port.

I don't think there is a hardware reason for that.  If Sparky2 can do it on RcvrPort, then I would guess that Revo could be coded to do it on MainPort at least.  I don't know if SUMD on Sparky2 RcvrPort has even been tested though.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 09:05:49 pm »
For some reason Sumd and ExBus was not working in MainPort and removed.
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/commits/359266ab7af0cb8ed73e3f84fdf1768063b7d3e0?at=next

Fixing a issue is difficult when no one own the hardware in dev team.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:54:17 pm »
Sadly i am not that much into coding to check and test HOTT myself. But I wil try to check what  I can do myself.

What'a about I2c on the Main or FlexIO port?

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:56:50 pm »
FlexiPort is the only one that support I2C.  That is a hardware limitation.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 11:35:36 pm »
I have good News!

I used the mentioned commit -- which removed HOTT from the Main Port of the CC3D (not revo) -- to adapt the firmware (and gcs) for the Revolution to get HoTT on Main Port working.

At First it did't work BUT after some modifications with the UART got HoTT on the MainPort working!!

Currently it is only possible to connect one HoTT receiver (either Main or Flexi port). I don't know if I should expant that?  Also I ask myself if it would also be possible  add HoTT to the receiver Port - are there any known limitations?

I will do some further testing to verify that the control is stable. Then I will push (my first time using git and supporting open source was succesful! :D)

Also I will do a check to verify that the Vehice setup Wizard works as expected... (Tomorrow after some sleep)

Cheers
Chris

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 07:22:35 am »
Great :)

Hott should work as well using the FlexiIO's Uart.

Before pushing, take a look here :
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Git+Workflow
You should made a Jira first, something like "Revolution: Allow Hott in others ports" and use LP-XXX in commit / branch and PR.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 07:52:40 pm »
Sounds like a new developer to me!  :)