neons

I did all the cofig of my CC3D board and when I get to the "Configuration Ready to Save", page.  I click Save and the bar travels half way and stops forever. " Preparing Mixer Save".  I can't go beyond that. I have gone the process step by step even following Youtube setups on each next step. I started with Openpilot -V Setup Wiz and same thing. Then I found out the OPilot website was not there. Then I found Libre site and downloaded the Windows package setups and Wizard and joined here. I used Libre Setup Wizard and did it all and got to the same place above and the config still went in half way and stops.

Next I used a Program uninstaller to take out the older Openpilot program off my computer. I am now going to give Libre Wizard another start. I am afraid I will be back here again shortly. Evidently it is looking for something to save all the cofigs to the CC3d board. Your help surely will be appreciated. Going on 2 days fighting this setup. Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back again. Same as above. It stopped again in the Config Ready to Save, bar ran half way again with PreparingMixer Save. After about 5 minutes it allowed me to go Back a page to select a Tricopter. I tried all 3 choices and it is the same. I stops again half way into the Config. If I reboot it stays on that page with only 2 options Back and Cancel. It will not go to Next.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:58:51 pm by neons »

Re: Impossible to save my tricopter config. It is the last page to save
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:22:33 pm »
Rather than waste time running the wizard, for a test you could do File -> Import and press the save to flash button.  If you don't have a uav file to import, just export whatever you already have.  It will probably get stuck there too.

One thing to try is to "Erase Settings" and try again.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:25:50 pm »
Hi,

Maybe some hardware/cable/connection issue.

Be sure you did a "Upgrade&Erase" before starting.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Manualmethod

Check if the bootloader is version 4.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Rescuemethod

neons

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:31:44 pm »
Okay I see what you are doing . I guess I need to Manually try to install the firmware. Good demo. I will come back and report what I find Thanks

neons

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 11:53:03 pm »
Well I ran my setup with the Upgrade and Erase. . It looks like 16.09 is on the board. Then I ran the manual Configuration through and when I selected the Tricopter and then the next page Configuration Ready to save- Preparing Mixer bar stopped as usual about half way again. Only way out was to disconnect the USB and battery. Then all is lost on Configs again. Then I tried the VSWiz. This has to be the 15th time or more I have done this. Lost!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 12:19:55 am »
I don't know what do you mean with "Preparing Mixer bar stopped as usual about half way again" when you setup manually a Tricopter.
You simply need go to the Vehicle tab, select Tricopter, choose the motor / servo assignment and Save
Maybe put a screenshot when manual setup fails ?

Check if the bootloader is version 4.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab#FirmwareTab-Rescuemethod

What bootloader ? v4 this is really needed for Wizard.

neons

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 12:47:15 am »
This is a screen capture of what is on the upgrade page.  It appears that v4 is in there.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 03:14:51 am »
You mention disconnecting the battery? I believe you need that unhooked by that point in setup of your board can't reboot itself properly

neons

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 04:35:44 am »
Went through all the rituals of setup again after I manually loaded the 16.09 firmware. Here is the page after selecting a generic Tricopter to the "Configuration Ready to Save" page. I clicked Save and as yo can see the bar loaded"Preparing Mixer Settings", and stopped there forever. After 5 minutes the only thing available is Back to select 1 of3 Tricopters and hit Save again or Cancel. I think It is the end. Unless someone has any ideas.
 Thanks

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:47 am »
Do you have a way to read the markings on the MCU chip, the big one in the middle?  It won't help you, but it might help identify the issue for you and others.

I heard rumors that some cloners use a chip that doesn't have as much memory.

You might try CleanFlight, or just buy another CC3D...

neons

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 04:56:41 pm »
It is possibly a clone. I bought a couple at an RC Auction last year. It is mounted and I will have to remove it and take the plastic case off to read the chip numbers. I am going to try my other one and see if that works. If not I will take them both apart and give you the chip numbers. I my have to buy something else I guess after that test. Thanks.

neons

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 08:15:21 pm »
Here is where I am at this morning. I had another new Openpilot CC3D board. I mounted it level on top of the glued down problem board and transfereed the wires. I ran the Uprade and then used the Wizard and went throughall the board programming and it went through without a problem in less than 5 minutes. So I do have a board that works now.

I went back to the first problematic board and the same issue happens with the final page locking up. I read in that program you have mentioned (Cleanflight)that the both lightd should be solid in the setup. The green never ever went soid in all processes. This leads me to think this may be a clone. It is junk as far as I am concerned.

I hope I am all set now. I just have to tune the transmitter now. Thank you for your patience and good service guys. I hope I do not have to come back very soon.
 Bob