startrek66

• F330+Revo
Question about OA
« on: January 21, 2017, 06:43:14 pm »
I would ask if it is normal that I check on my quad. The operating condition is quadcopter  positioned on the ground on a flat surface. powered by battery and connected to gcs with usb cable. The system health reports all green lights. If I select in the settings Attitude complementary + Mag, I see the artificial horizon level. While if I select ins13 I see the artificial horizon tilted and unstable.

Re: Question about OA
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:47:28 pm »
usb connected could disturb mag orientation...better use oplink for telemetry and then check horizon again...could also be bad calibrated mag...
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

Re: Question about OA
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 06:48:06 pm »
INS13 adds mags to help leveling, so mags do this.  There are several reasons for this; global magnetic field map is not accurate, mounting the GPS/mag a little wrong, setting the mag rotation a few degrees incorrectly, stray magnetic fields...

It usually moves a little too.  Movement should be less than tilt.

Generally, what you see there is flyable, but will drift in Attitude mode.

You can make it perfect if you use this procedure.  Go to the section titled "Fine Tuning Your Hover To Stop Drift (Not Required)"
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Aux+Mag+Setup+and+Calibration