EspenL

Problems after updating firmware
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:05:38 pm »
I have a Tensho CK250 multirotor. I had to provide my own radio/receiver. It flew really great when I tried it the first time, but off course I had take a look at how LibrePilot worked. But when I hooked it up to the program, I was told I had to update the firmware. After that, it didn't work at all. I couldn't get the radio to connect with the receiver . So I had to try another radio , and them it worked. But then the motors didnt work. I found out how to get them to rotate and everything looked great. But when I was going to test it, it did not lift, and when I gave it some more power, it suddenly ran at full speed, and rolled over on its back.
Has anyone had the same problem, or know what could be the cause.

Espen

Re: Problems after updating firmware
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 04:09:10 am »
Chances are that all of these issues can be fixed.  The problem you are having is that it came "pre-configured" and when you installed LP, now you must do all the configurations yourself.  I would start with the first one (receiver doesn't work now).  What protocol does it use?  PWM, PPM, SBus, something else?

Flipping is another common issue.  If the motors are not spinning in the expected direction, if motors are not plugged in the correct place, if the FC is mounted with a rotation and not with the arrow pointing forward, it will do this.  All of these can be fixed with a configuration change.

Imagine buying a computer, and then formatting the hard drive and installing the latest operating system.  You have reinstalled the operating system, but still don't have the language set correctly.  You still need to load wifi drivers just to connect to the internet, etc.