tail slider position
« on: January 08, 2017, 03:35:21 pm »
Converting HK 250 with HK FBL head. Heli was already set up with gyro and tail slider mechanically positioned slightly off center to hold tail. On new set up with tail servo limits equal and arm at 90 deg; movement toward boom is fine (will go to limit), movement toward blades will hit tail shaft hub. So the question is should I center the slider and limit movement equally in both directions and let the FC position slider as required to hold tail? Or should I keep mechanical set up to hold tail and limit servo in one direction?
The other question I have is when I bring throttle down, collective goes down also but when I reach throttle bottom the collective jumps to top. If I move throttle up just a bit collective jumps back down to bottom. Collective has smooth movement up and down otherwise.
Have not gone through swash leveling yet, is this something that should be corrected when I do that?

daveapplemotors

• Helis rule
Re: tail slider position
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 05:51:33 pm »
With Systems / Actuatorsettings / channelneutral at 1522 I like to set the tail servo at 90 degrees when hovering. Either slide the servo on the boom or change pushrod length to get there.

Then I set limits after that with System / Settings  / Actuatorsettings / Channelmax and Channelmin.  The slider ends up off-center but it hovers no-hands best that way.  I have two HK250s set up that way.

Your second question: put the neutral value of throttle (or collective, I forget) within a couple of points of minimum. You can do this in Config / Input / Remote Control Input.

Know that if you use the swash leveling routine you must do a 'Jerrysave'-- save once at 3 servos 140 degrees and then save immediately again 3 servos 120. Otherwise there is a bug that makes the servos freeze.

I use System /Settings / Actuator / Channelmin, max and neutral settings to level swash to avoid this problem because i forget to 'Jerrysave' sometimes. And I have more time to play with level at all swash heights.
Happy Landings!

karla

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 04:19:17 am »
Your second question: put the neutral value of throttle (or collective, I forget) within a couple of points of minimum. You can do this in Config / Input / Remote Control Input.
think its the collective thats needs the neutral just a bit larger than the min number.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 09:48:49 pm »
Will try collective 1st when I can get back to it. Unfortunately other responsibilities take priority.