X8r failsafe problem
« on: January 03, 2017, 02:03:05 pm »
Hello, i have another problem with my build, the failsafe.

It dropped out of the sky recently, maybe because it lost signal.
It seems i cannot set failsafe option.
Every option i choose it behaves like no pulse option. But i want to have throttle at 40%.
I set it on receiver x8r, i set it on taranis transmitter. I tried hold, custom (with 40℅ throttle), i rebinded transmitter and x8r. But no matter what i do when i switch transmitter off, motors stop.
Im using sbus connection.

Mateusz

Re: X8r failsafe problem
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:33:51 pm »
Hello, i have another problem with my build, the failsafe.

It dropped out of the sky recently, maybe because it lost signal.
It seems i cannot set failsafe option.
Every option i choose it behaves like no pulse option. But i want to have throttle at 40%.
I set it on receiver x8r, i set it on taranis transmitter. I tried hold, custom (with 40℅ throttle), i rebinded transmitter and x8r. But no matter what i do when i switch transmitter off, motors stop.
Im using sbus connection.

Why on earth would you want 40% on your throttle !?!?!! That's insanely dangerous and in my mind it shouldn't not even be allowed by GCS as safety precaution to prevent people from doing something like that!!!

My X8R has a pretty good range and it has Fail-safe option. No pulse is default behavior of X8R and you can intercept that with FC fail-safe, then execute whatever you desire.
However, most safe is to shut motors off to drop off the sky. This is because that fail-safe is usually triggered when something BAD happens (assuming you fly in range), such condition usually means serious failure such that FC should not be performing auto-landing. In case if it's auto of range, you could trigger auto-landing but only if you are 100% sure it will work and will not fly away dropping on some car or someones head - That means you tested auto-landing multiple times.

I suggest keeping track of RSSI on your OSD and reasonable distance, while leaving Fail-safe as is.

40% throttle is SO wrong in many ways, imagine you change battery or props or PIDs or weight of your aircraft. You ask for a fly away as after such change 40% might mean copter climbing up or sky rocketing.