utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
Gyro working direction
« on: January 02, 2017, 11:21:33 pm »
Hello,

Trying to setup a eachine racer with a Revolution Mini, calibration was done without problem, the board is mounted on the copter in normal position, so far so good. The virtual copter moves on the screen exactly like the real one, so i assume the board angles are correct set. So i selected Attitude, held the copter in hand and spun up the engines. The entire copter starts to wobble crazy, for me it looks like the board amplify the distortion from the normal position instead of compensating it. Look for me like a positive feedback which makes the copter unflyable. Is there a way to change that ?

Thank you in advance
Udo

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Gyro working direction
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 11:29:12 pm »
Try setting the board from scratch... there is some Heli files around hacking the Gyro scales to negative.

If the board mount matches the orientation set as virtual board orientation there is no issue about Gyro direction... never.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Revo+Attitude+Configuration#RevoAttitudeConfiguration-VirtualAttituderotation

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/PFD#PFD-MyPFDlooksreversed

hwh

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 11:47:37 pm »
I purchased an eachine racer 250 about a year ago.  Although the original eachine cc3d and Revo mini had the same 8 pin connector on the output cable the pin order was reversed.  Are you sure you got the wires back in the correct order when you took the 8 pin connector housing off the cable and put it back on with the pin order reversed?  If not the motor order may be wrong.  If you didn't reverse the connector at all the motor order will be wrong and the board won't power from that cable.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:53:42 pm by hwh »

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:26:07 am »
Oscillation like that is usually either:
- board mounted wrong (arrow not pointing forward or non-default mount angle not configured correctly)
- ESCs plugged in the wrong connector
- using 50Hz ESC rate (use PWMSync or PWM490)
- PIDs incorrect (I recommend starting with default, not cloud config)

there are more things in the list, but they usually cause violent flipping tendency, not oscillation.

utoedter

• Frickeln und mehr
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 01:52:33 pm »
Hey hwh,

I didnt change the cable, plugged it in the same way in, as on the original CC3D and yes, the pinout is different. After changing the motor to channel assignment everything was fine.

It may also explain why the board isnt powered by the output cable as the original CC3D. A special pigtail from the copter board 5V, GND to sonar port was needed  because to power the revolution board.

Thank you so much
Udo

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:55:55 pm by utoedter »