4lex

Pirouette compensation
« on: December 22, 2016, 05:32:56 pm »
Hello,

I'd need some help, I would like to try rate mode and disable piro comp... I think it would be easier to learn when the quad stays tilted forward while adding some yaw.
Once piro comp is disabled and adding some yaw the quad rolls sometime and has difficulties to keep a steady angle...
My PIDs are Ok, no noise/filtering issue, no oscillations... Two quads, same thing. Is there something I missed?

Thanks

Re: Pirouette compensation
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 05:46:35 pm »
Piro comp is great for keeping the right amount of forward trim to make great pirouettes in fast forward flight.  It knows that your pitch "I term" wound up a little to hold that angle and when you yaw around, it transfers the windup to (say) left roll, then reverse pitch, then right roll, then back to forward pitch.  This makes it hold the bank angle correctly.

Piro comp is horrible if all you want to do is pirouette when you hover, but your (multi, heli) copter is not perfectly balanced, or for instance on a quad, one of your motors or props is not matched to the others.  In that case, you want the windup to stay on the motor it started on, not move to another motor.

4lex

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 09:52:57 pm »
Ok, thanks.  But the problem is that disabling thé option makes nous différence.. I tried so many settings on two different quads, could it be a bug in the code?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 09:56:18 pm »
PiroComp is only active (if enabled) with Rate, AxisLock, VirtualBar or Acro+

Other stabilization modes do not use PiroComp

4lex

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 11:07:45 pm »
On rate mode disabled or not I get the same behavior. That's my problem, I don't want thé flight contrôler to compensate...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 11:19:25 pm »
Using Rate stab you should see a different behavior with on/off PiroComp
Be sure where you set the PiroComp option and the bank used in flight mode.