mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
MVR-250 ZMR Evolution
« on: November 11, 2015, 07:58:17 pm »
Hello guys!
I m actualy building a new own construction frame for 250 racequad class.
Its based on the cloneout from untested prototypes, so its open and stays open source,  that means i will upload the dxf files as soon as my prototype flies and Im sure that there is no mistake in construction.
Open source copter for an open source FC, hope you enjoy my work!

The weight is about 270g including everything thats shown on the last picture. Im sure it will be around 450g with 4s 1300mAh battery so its a light one.
Wheelbase is 255mm the complete height is 30mm, so only small cams will fit, but battery is very close to Center, should be good for agility. Top plate is optimized in size for 4s 1300-1500mAh batteries, no screws to damage the batt etc.
Picture Shows the V1 Version with a bit smaller top plate but dxf is already modified to V1.2.

Components are:
Dys be1806 2300kv motor
Dys sn20a blheli esc
Flyduino mini bec 5V
XT60 connector

Theres more to come, hope to have a bit more time over the weekend.

There is a problem with uploading attachments at the moment, think its my fault, sorry for that!
Will upload more pics later.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:07:34 pm by mazevx »

Mateusz

Re: MVR-250 ZMR Evolution
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 09:10:09 pm »
I m actualy building a new own construction frame for 250 racequad class.

That looks awesome. I would love to have on my frames convenient vertical holes to easily mount  Xiaomi Yi cam in front, or at least something I could put rubber bands through. Would that be possible on yours ? :) Are you also going to make PDB for it with Pololu regulator ? :)

mazevx

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 09:49:03 pm »
Everything is possible just have to draw it! But...Im not sure if I understand what you want.  A dampening plate for hd cam is possible but actual not available, just because this frame was made for low weight so that carriing hd cam just doesnt make sense...
But yes i can Design that.
A pdb for Pololu isnt planned yet but i thought about to make a carrier board for esc very similiar to the kiss carrier from Flyduino but for the dys sn20a maybe i can integrate a Pololu there.
Better dont wait for that...Will take longer
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 09:54:44 pm by mazevx »

mazevx

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 06:27:34 pm »
Hello, as I say...more pics later ;-)

A few more details...
its fully equipped with Aluminium screws to save weight.
First picture showing how low the frame is/how close the battery will be to propeller level and clearence with 5" prop, second pic is with 6" prop...will fit but gets very close... ;-)
Pic 3 shows installation of esc (dys sn20a) and 5V bec and the last one with midplate installed, power section done, time for some fpv gear and the flightcontrol.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 06:35:36 pm by mazevx »

xpantz

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 10:22:16 pm »
So, you just have a short plate covering the ESCs and the FC will sit on that.

Looks pretty good.  I like to put a lot of wiring between the lower frame plates on my ZMRs but it makes it hard to get at for repairs.  Yours should be much easier.

mazevx

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 11:18:04 pm »
Yes should be easy, looks clean and esc are protected, FC is easy for maintanance and whatever, only thing is FC must have angled / side pin straight pin doesnt fit.
Another benefit is that power wiring is a bit shielded by the cfk frame should be good for fpv gear and maybe mag sensors (if you need mag on a racer...)

mazevx

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 01:40:15 pm »
Hello guys!
Just want to say its flying!
Not mine... but the actual V1.2 frame was build by another guy and he said its flying way better than the other blackout/qav clones an its weight is about 460g wich is a lot less than a ZMR250 ;-)
There is a lot potential to build it more "skinny" and maybe some updates on the frame itself will bring a loss of weight but for now ist time to upload the files as the construction is approved!

A few things left to say...

the topplate is good for 4S 1000-1500 mAh batteries measured with gens ace batteries
Only FC with angled pins will fit, because between the midplate and topplate are only 20mm space
FPV cam has to be smaller than 30mm
the height of the spacer under the arm is depending on the material thickness of the arm and he midplate, for example:
if your arm is 3mm and your midplate has 1,5mm the spacer has to be 5,5mm, so that the mid section is 10mm complte otherwise the Aluminium spacer wont have the correct lenght and your toplate will be bend an little.
Hope you understand that but I think you see that on the pictures and know how to mount it...

Here is a little list of screws:
M3x6    14 pieces
M4x18   8 pieces
Mutter   M4 8 pieces
Spacer  M3 20mm 4 pieces
Spacer  M3 30mm 3 pieces

sorry for that complete metric measurements but we use only metric parts here in Germany ;-)

Hope you enjoy that and if you have any questions just ask me!
The spacers and skidplates are in .stl to be printed directly, the frame parts are in .dxf format wich should work also.