Revo Clon will flip in the GPS Mode
« on: November 11, 2015, 09:25:32 am »
Hi Folks,
i have a problem with my Revo-Clon. In the normal Modus without GPS it's all ok. When i turn GPS on the Copter will flip directly when i start.
The calibration is done correctly...

Any Ideas?

Gruß & Best regards, Thomas

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revo Clon will flip in the GPS Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 10:12:10 am »
Hi Thomas,

Is the Gps data accurate ? Sometimes running Gps indoor data is not so good, Gps position do jumps and velocity also.

Finally for best results be sure your Mag is fine, you still have Mag warning.

Laurent

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 10:35:27 am »
Hi Laurent,
the GPS works accurate. The Copter stand outside at the Test. Here some pictures from the Copter:

Perhaps a wrong place with many interferences for the CC3D?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:44:09 am by Kettentiger »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 11:06:03 am »
Outside and close to the house is not a best place... most of the Sat from house side are hidden.

To avoid confusion, please remember your board is not a CC3D, its a Revolution.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 11:12:53 am »
You can do a log for maybe a few minutes where you can see attitude changes like video and post log file here.

Tools > Start logging and Tools > Stop logging at end

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 11:26:17 am »
Outside and close to the house is not a best place... most of the Sat from house side are hidden.

To avoid confusion, please remember your board is not a CC3D, its a Revolution.

Yes i know, but the weather is not the best here.....deadly for laptop....  ::)

Mateusz

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 01:05:42 pm »
Yes i know, but the weather is not the best here.....deadly for laptop....  ::)

• Make sure your magnetometer (especially if it's mounted on different board then accelerometer) is mounted firmly.
    When you calibrate Magnetometer it must stay in the same position with respect to accelerometer. If you move your magnetometer after calibration and it does not match what accelerometer measures your AttitudeStates will go into crazy oscillations most likely flipping your quad.
  • Make sure magnetometer is calibrated outdoors far away from anything metallic, calibrating it indoors or on a balcony or anything like that is usually no go. I do it myself with a OPlink.
  • With GPS you should not fly close to buildings or walls.
    If you enable diagnostics in the map tab, you should see green path (ignore red one that is adjusted). Green one is what is your GPS measuring. If you see spikes far away, but slowly drifting towards initial point that might be due to multipath reflections from the buildings. Signal travels longer than it should be to your GPS receiver as it gets reflected and confuses your GPS.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:04:15 pm by Mateusz »

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »
Here is the Logfile....

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 02:47:47 pm »
In this log file, except the Mag with a solid orange (Warning) i see nothing wrong.

Small changes in attitude are normal running Ins13 (GPS mode), this use all data from sensors Accelelerometer, Gyros, Mag, GPS + velocity and compute attitude state.
The basic algorithm uses only accelerometers/gyros so looks more steady.

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 02:59:46 pm »
Tomorrow i get another Clone. I wil try him and tell you about. Perhaps this Clone here is broken!?

What a pity, that the original Revo is so rarely...... :'( :'(

Mateusz

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 04:08:12 pm »
Tomorrow i get another Clone. I wil try him and tell you about. Perhaps this Clone here is broken!?

What a pity, that the original Revo is so rarely...... :'( :'(

Flight controller should be the last thing to blame I think. Number of people fly them after proper calibration. They had issues at beginning but in the end it was resolved as calibration issue. Especially if it flies in Complementary mode it is rather unlikely that flight controller is faulty. Seems like people rush into wrong conclusions blaming clones when something does not work first time, which almost never is the case.

I would suggest to try to fix orange mag, and do proper calibration with temp calibration, and magnetometer outdoors. Also fixing your magnetometer firmly and allowing GPS to sit for at least 20min before first fly on completely open space far from buildings.

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 04:41:44 pm »
So i believe the problem is terminated. The CC3D was stick with doubletape on the Frame. There are vibrations wenn the engines run. Now i put it on a damperplate.

Now i test it again. There was only a little peak on the artificial horizon.... ;D

But now problems with the topplate....... :-\

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »
About vibes, you can change the Accel filter value. Put something like 0.05 or more.
Double sided foam or more layers should works also.

Just see you previously stick board on bottom plate, where the strong current are.
Bottom plate is used to power the four controllers : Not the best place for Mag.

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 05:21:01 pm »
I have another Idea: I put it away from the Powerplate und put it under the Topplate turned 180 degres. In the GCS i can tune it.  ;)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 05:27:22 pm »
In my opinion the best config is all strong currents on bottom and FC on top plate.
So battery on bottom with power plate.

Battery can also give wrong mag measurements, not only wires.