How to use POI correct
« on: December 04, 2016, 02:33:42 pm »
Hi there,

i just playing with waypoints...works nice so far...but i recognize that i can set Yaw Control under VTolPathFollowerSettings to POI...
If i do this and fly a circle POI seems always be the Home Position. Is there a way to define a waypoint as POI? In this case the center point of the circle...So that front of copter always points to this position...

Thx
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

Re: How to use POI correct
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:47:58 pm »
No one an idea? Is there any docu on using the point of interest function on yaw control?
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 08:55:49 pm »
Those features are not finished or documented so you will need to improve the code and made some documentation :)

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:07:45 pm »
Ohh, alright then i will dive into the code and maybe i find out what POI is doing and make it usable...i already got your code and made some adjustements...but im not a programmer guru...but lets see how far i get  ;D ...otherwise i will just have to wait  ::)

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 08:52:28 am »
Ok i found out that on OpenPilot there was a file called "poilearnsettings.cpp" this one doesnt exists anymore...it seems that in OpenPilot you could use an Accessory channel to store a POI and this file does this job...You still got the UAvObject "POILearnSettings" under System but I think its not usable by now...and im too stupid to implement the old CPP file :-)

But also found out that the  POI position is used in "vtolflycontroller.cpp". Its just always set to 0,0,0. But i think its possible to adjust the POI under "System-->DataObjects-->poiLocation" manually. It then should be used by "vtolflycontroller.cpp" to adjust YAW if you set "Yaw Control" under "VTolPathFollowerSettings" to "POI".

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 05:26:57 pm »
So now i did some testing. I manually edit "PoiLocation" under "System-->Data Objects-->PoiLocation". I just set it to the position where i am standing.
Then added three waypoints around me and set "YawControl" under "System-->Settings-->VTolPathFollowerSettings" to "POI". Works fine so far...
Here you see how it looks like (sorry for my bad english pronouncement  :-[ ) and Yes it is the queen talking when switching flightmode :-) :

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 05:47:28 pm »
Great :)

Maybe you can add some doc to the wiki, i can help you for page formatting / initial setup.
Tell me in PM if you need help.

hwh

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 12:35:23 am »
Ok i found out that on OpenPilot there was a file called "poilearnsettings.cpp" this one doesnt exists anymore...it seems that in OpenPilot you could use an Accessory channel to store a POI and this file does this job...You still got the UAvObject "POILearnSettings" under System but I think its not usable by now...and im too stupid to implement the old CPP file :-)...
It still exists, it's a synthetic file that's generated when the code is compiled.  It contains the code to access the fields in the POILearnSettings UavObject.   It's not used anywhere and the xml file may have been added by someone who planned to use it but never did.  It was last changed back in 2013.

Looking at the xml I think it's intent is probably the opposite of what you think, it appears to be intended to turn on an accessory when a POI is reached.  Probably something like fly to this location and turn on the video camera or take a still picture.

Your video is great, we lack good documentation on a lot of the autonomous flight things.   Write some documentation, it doesn't have to be polished and perfectly formatted.  f5soh is really good at reformatting pages to make them look nice.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:48:20 am by hwh »

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 07:56:01 am »
Yes already talked to f5soh and will do some work today :-)

And yes slowly i get through the software mechanism and learned a lot about uabobject generator and these things. Wish i be better in programming, just to send this poilocation object to the controller would be great :-)
Who is responsible for this uavobject things and communication? Or who maybe can help me a little with this? I already read the docu about the uavtalk protocol but not really clear how to use it correctly...