mpjf01

Did I get the "Leonardo" Version?
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:13:42 am »
Installed RC2. See dump. How do I fix it please?

Re: Did I get the "Leonardo" Version?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 04:17:25 am »
Maybe try to run the GCS with a -reset option or select File -> GCS settings inport/export -> Reset Config

Is this Windows?

Did you try any of the suggestions that Google makes if you search on:
computer screen is upside down
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 04:22:28 am by TheOtherCliff »

mpjf01

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 04:51:55 am »
When the GCS starts the loading screen is OK, and then the main page displays correctly for half a second then goes to a mirror image as in the screenshot. It is a brand new install. I tried the reset, no change. It's Windows 8.

The solutions that Google gives me seem to apply to the screen as a whole, not just a single application. Obviously I don't want to apply the solution globally as fixing Librepilot would reverse everything else.

As I page through the bottom tabs I note that the welcome screen eventually rights itself and all the other tabs are correct except for the HUD and the live view of the aircraft (Flight Data tab). The HUD is always inverted and mirrored and the live view flips between the normal and inverted and mirrored states several times per second. All the configuration screens seem normal.

hwh

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 08:09:30 am »
Since no one else has had this problem it may be something related to your installation or computer.  You might try running the installer again and installing the mesa driver library if you didn't the first time.  It's lack causes strange visual problems on computers that need it although I've never heard of mirrored screens.

Another thing you might try is changing screen resolution on your computer temporarily just to see if some code doesn't like your screen resolution but that would be a really long shot.

mpjf01

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 01:58:37 pm »
I reinstalled with the mesa driver library as you suggested and the problem has gone. Thanks for the sound advice.