« on: November 16, 2016, 05:11:36 pm »
Hello everybody,

I try to build a "full featured" QuadCopter with GPS,OSD,Telemetry,CAM with

Revolution (with Oplink)
UBLOX M8N with Compas
MimimOSD
SF800 reciever (SBUS/CPPM)
Transmitter with Deviation

Anywhere to find an overview - if this combination is possible ?
Anywhere to find a "how to connect" ? (Which port to use? )

For example if  i use sbus for reciever - i am not able to connect external compas, cause i have no free port for OSD and GPS

Or: better to use turnigy iA10B instead of SF800 (i want to have more than 6 cannels to control for example altudiude hold - or auto take off) but the iA10B is a big part - the Spektrum Sat is very small - but i dont know how to connect in my "wish list".

I want to see Voltage of my Lipo - cause i have tested a little with a CC3D - and i have runined 1 new Lipo (under voltage)

If there is any overview about working combinations please let me know - i am reading since weeks in several forums but i dont really find a "Howto".

For example
Only "how to connect GPS" - but he dont use external compass - and no connected OSD
Or how to connect OSD - nice video -

I am interested to find out "how to connect all"

Thanks for helping me :)     

jtrout19

Re: Which combinations are possible ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 05:59:10 pm »
You can set flexi-io port to ppm and telemetry.  Connect osd and rx to flexi-io. Gps and aux mag to flexi and main. And then yoy will have one port left for v/i sensor. Or you can use naza gps and use one port gps and mag.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:58:05 pm »
Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

The result: sbus-rx and sepktrum sat not possible i need a PPM RX (with telemetrie to Transmitter the ia10B for example)

There some picture of connection GPS and aux mag - think thats not the problem.

Are there anywhere examples who to connect  RX and OSD to flexi-io ?

I have read about the NAZA GPS and try to get a cheap one - its not easy :)

I was starting with a CC3D FC - but i was not able to activate GPS ( i have read the tutorial)

In the moment i'm testing with a NAZA32 REV6 Full - with cleanflight - but i think librepilot with REVO FC  is (except  missing v/i sensor) the better solution. I am seeking a v/i sensor for the REVO FC - but i dont find one.

jtrout19

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 07:13:51 pm »
Ok i will post picture later of how i have my rx and osd setup. At work right now. If you search the wiki though it will give pinouts for the flexi-io just connect the wire appropriately and you are good to go.

Ebay you can buy a naza gps for 39 dollars US. And your current sensore look for attopilot. I have the attopilot 90amp sensor on my small quad. Works great!

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:07:06 pm »
Thanks a lot :)

Yes i have found the NAZA GPS.

I have a similar UBLOX (same shell like the NAZA) - for CC3D - 4 Cabel - TX RX + -

Do you think NAZA GPS has another board - or its only a solution with cabel - cause I2C (AUX MAG are not used) - i think i will try this with + - and the other both connectors.
Have you ever opened your NAZA GPS ?

I found the attopilot - thanks for this advice - its designed for APM - so i first dont trust wheather this works. But you tell me this works - so i will try also.

hwh

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 12:49:25 am »
The NAZA gps and it's clones have a small cpu chip in them that reads the gps and mag.  It then combines them into one data stream that's sent to the FC.  LP knows how to read that stream and get both the gps and mag off that same cable.   The regular ublox gps units that don't mention Naza protocol don't have that cpu and require two connectors  (6 wires total) to send the gps and mag separately.

jtrout19

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 01:31:44 am »
Attopilot works great search wiki for current voltage sensor setup. Very quick and easy. And the one i got was spot on.

Your ublox prolly has the spots for yoy to solder to for the auxmag. Mine had a connector missing two cables so i just added the cables to the connect so i wouldnt have to solder

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 04:23:47 pm »
Hello again :)

I have read some descriptions - and threads - about the attopilot voltage/current sensor. I looked in Ebay - but all are for "5 V measurement" designed. I think this ones are not usable for the Revo board?

I only find one - 20 $ with 3,3 V design (spark-fun).

Mateusz

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 07:43:56 pm »
The AttoPilot sensor is higher quality/precision one/.  Why it is so expensive is because it can stand up to 90A of current without failing and probably the most important factor it is more precise compared to cheaper ones. Voltage drop is measured across two parallel shunt resistors by INA-169 chip and that's the output for Revo. You can also make your own voltage divider but obviously if R1 fails, you will get full voltage on Revo's ADC so be sure to pick shunt resistor that won't fail.

On the Wiki there are mentioned AttoPilot and HobbyKing sensors as well https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Configure+a+Current-Voltage+sensor and they cost ~$20.

It's very hard to say what you found on ebay and why it is cheaper, because you haven't provided any links to products or their descriptions, but I bet it's less precise voltage divider or some other Chinese state of art "reduce the production cost/maximize profit" effort.

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 11:15:14 pm »
I have ordered now one which is explicit "3.3 Volt" output. I have to pay 25 euro :/.

I have ordered another another sensor out of china - and will have a look what there the out put is - i will test this

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291690864773&globalID=EBAY-DE

And this are cheap attopilot with "5 V for measurement" output - you can read in dis
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=172285627880&globalID=EBAY-DE

jtrout19

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 04:24:35 pm »
You gotta be careful ordering stuff off of ebay. Don't get me wrong you can find awesome deals on ebay and sometimes the product is amazing. But in my personal experience more times than not I have received sub par electronics. If it works then it works. At the same time I would order a genuine attopilot. But thats me.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 05:33:38 am »
Now - me reached all products ebay and rcmaster.
GPS NAZA Clone (30 Euro)  tested - find 10 satellites (deep hanging crowds -and one only see half of the heaven)

X4RSB Transciever (2 for 45 Euro) - 1 tested - think this peace does a good job

Compare .. original Attopilot (installed send 0,7 V with a 3 S LiPo - 25 Euro) - the other form china (9 Euro)  send 1,4 V with the same Lipo - think thats no problem for the Revo Board.

REVO FC-Board with Oplink  - (rcmaster) 49 Euro - seems to be a good quality - the baro is not jumping a lot

I am testing with Cleanflight also - 2 NAZE32 REV 6 FULL (each 20 Euro) - ruined within 1 week. (1 sending smoke signal - the other has problems with recieving datas)  Think my solding can be the big problem. Baro is jumping within 10 min 13 meters ... I have ordered now a Afro rev6 Full (26 Euro) from rcmaster. Hope this one will be a little better. 

With Cleanflight i can have GPS - OSD - Telemetry with Frsky to TX - Support the ESC configuration with BlHeli - Battery management on board.

Librepilot has much more options - better configuration - better GPS support. Battery management (for me essential) with addional hardware but works fine.   

(This is the essence of 4 Weeks trying and testing with combination is possible)

Now i will wait for the Naze32 with and compare how Baro is working.