CC3D not saving flight mode changes
« on: November 12, 2016, 04:07:20 pm »
So I recently bought an Eachine Falcon 250 and went through the set up wizard to calibrate my ESCs and transmitter, but I'm having a problem setting the different flight modes. I'm pretty positive that it is currently set in rate mode (the default) but I wanted to change it to attitude. On the inputs tab, I can move the switch on my transmitter and see the "Flight mode switch positions" move through 1, 2, and 3. I plugged in the CC3D into my laptop through the usb, and changed all through positions to correspond to "Stabilized 1" just to be sure it wasn't a problem with the switches. Then under stabilized 1, I chose attitude for roll, attitude for pitch, axis lock for yaw, and manual for thrust. I cliked save, then disconnect, unplugged the usb, plugged in my battery, and connected my transmitter but the quad is still in rate mode (when I release the stick, it does not level out). I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or if there is something wrong with the CC3D, but it doesn't seem to be switching flight modes, but the next time I plug it in, the correct options will automatically load in the screen (attitude, attitude, axislock, manual) so it seems like the options are saving but are not being followed. I'm at a loss at this point, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, that would be great.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D not saving flight mode changes
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 10:12:57 am »
Hi, welcome.

Please post your config file. File > Export UAV Settings

Sometimes a quad that not still level in Attitude mode comes from too much vibrations and accelerometers cannot do a good reading.
While connected to the computer, start motors holding firmly the frame to the ground and look at PFD.