jtrout19

Re: GPS and AuxMag Issues when doing everything right!
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2016, 11:41:12 pm »
real quick question about tuning.....Which loop do you want to tune first? Outer or inner? And if using TxPID then you want to tune all p's first then I's then d's.....so it would be Roll Kp, Pitch kp, and Yaw kp for the first set? I am asking for the future here. I would like to get good at tuning with TxPID.

jtrout19

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2016, 03:47:11 am »
A few pictures. I am going to calibrate mag next. The quad is all back together. I am going to do a test as well to see about vibrations. I shouldn't have any. I am a nut about balancing.

jtrout19

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2016, 05:33:01 am »
Well new revelation tonight. Maybe someone can fill me in on this one.

So tonight I went out to do the mag calibration again. It has been raining all day so the cornfield is all muddy. I went into it anyway so did the calibration once and came up with the values ive been coming up with   1.04  1.03 and 1.15 those are round about numbers I have been getting. So i told my wife to reset everything and lets do it again. This time I moved about 10 feet away from where I usually do the calibration. I usually do it in the exact same spot everytime. So anyway I moved and used a different spot 10 feet away from my original spot. Did the calibration dance and these are the numbers that popped up. .0980935  .988603   .671426...... Whats up with that? I am literally in the middle of a cornfield doing this dance. No highpower lines above and the only thing around me is my house that is a good 20-30 yards in from of me..

Makes me wonder am I trying to do my calibration on a damn ley line!  lol  :o

tomorrow being thanksgiving and all we are going to families house out in the country I will try again elsewhere and see what happens...

Well decided to try again outside in a different spot came up with these values

1.06208   1.0487      1.19019 

I did a short log of these values. With an update of 250ms. looks fairly symmetrical to my untrained eyes. What do you guys think. Oh and when I did this I did roll first 180 degrees back and forth then 180 back and forth of pitch and finally yaw 180 degrees back and forth.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:13:19 am by jtrout19 »

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2016, 07:19:57 am »
You are far enough away that telemetry may be dropping data.  A slightly different position may have put you or something else in the RF link path.

Generally you tune Inner with Rate mode, then tune outer with Attitude mode.

DocHardinger is not running a DJI GPS (whether that makes a difference, I don't know yet), and (from the description) has oscillation problems too.  RTB with PH at end is probably the same as PH, and I know for sure that VR with stick centered is the exact same as PH.

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2016, 07:44:47 am »
Thats strange because RTB without landing (PH over home)causes really bad oscillations +-30° and they are really strong. But in normal PH mode it looks fine. Maybe its because of using a fix position? Anyway are there any parameters to play with?

I also recognized that there are PID's for VR horizontal and just horizontal PID's. So which one are for PH and which one are for VR and is there anywhere a description what PID's are used for which flightmode? Also for other flightmodes... Such a docu were really good :-)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:53:33 am by DocHardinger »
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

jtrout19

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2016, 08:05:27 am »
Thanks cliff! I am going to redo the calibration again tomorrow. With computer outside as well. Did you happen to take a look at that flight log and the Raw Mag values? I am wanting to know what exactly I am shooting for. I am assuming that I want the aux mag lines to be a replica of the regular mag lines. Just wanting to make sure. Also f5soh said something a while back about mag-transform number and how they needed to be very close in value with each other. Is that correct or did I misunderstand?

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2016, 08:12:34 am »
For me they look like youre last result 0.99 0.97 1.17...and this works great....to get both mags the same you need to adjust the aux mag rotation but i think you know that...

What i would try is to calibrate the internal mag and look if PFD and orientation/compass looks good and then adjust aux mag orientation so that are all bargraphs are zero in any orientation...

Oh something ive forgotten: Thx Cliff for your investigation ;-)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:48:12 am by DocHardinger »
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini

jtrout19

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2016, 05:46:09 pm »
Doc I like your hardware. Our quads are very similar as far as specs go. I have a 2 axis gimbal I was given. It is a brushless gimbal. I will eventually use it but want to get the quad flying without it. Plus i am going to have to get creative when it comes to mounting it. I is made for the DJI phantom but no big deal I will figure it out. Just wanted to tell ya nice hardware!

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2016, 06:42:12 pm »
If you would know how my gimbal looks like  ;D
Its made out of Balsa wood and with two micro servos with the Pi camera adapted to it... But hey it works nice with LibrePilot Gimbal Stabilization :P
And i got a live HD stream directly to my phone into my gear vr :-) with about 90ms delay over wifi ...thats okay for flying around and taking pictures or videos....

jtrout19

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2016, 07:04:26 pm »
Hey if it works it works! Cant fault nobody for building something works regardless of what its made out of or how it looks!! 90ms of delay isnt bad at all......what kind of range do you get out of it

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2016, 07:28:16 pm »
Hmm dont really test it yet...will use a good router on the ground...should be nearly 500 meter...but dont know...as soon as i tested it i will tell you...but problem will be if it looses connection it needs some time to reconnect so not good for real fpv flying...but for me its good

Mateusz

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2016, 08:02:49 pm »
Hmm dont really test it yet...will use a good router on the ground...should be nearly 500 meter...but dont know...as soon as i tested it i will tell you...but problem will be if it looses connection it needs some time to reconnect so not good for real fpv flying...but for me its good

I have Xiaomi Yi camera that has WiFi. The IEEE 802.11 to which belongs WiFi uses 2.4 GHz, 3.6 GHz, 4.9 GHz, 5 GHz, and 5.9 GHz bands. My FrSky system also uses 2.4Ghz and it was entering Fail-safe randomly whenever I had WiFi module on camera turned on. If your radio uses the same frequency take interference into consideration ;)

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2016, 08:21:47 pm »
Yes i know but im using 2.4ghz for transmitter and 5ghz for wifi and i already tested it in flight...but not tested the range(i think 5ghz hasnt as much range as 2.4)..but im too afraid of loosing radio signal for control  ;D ...and just today i set failsafe mode to Return to home, so maybe next time im brave enough for range testing :D

Mateusz

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2016, 08:38:15 pm »
Yes i know but im using 2.4ghz for transmitter and 5ghz for wifi and i already tested it in flight...but not tested the range(i think 5ghz hasnt as much range as 2.4)..but im too afraid of loosing radio signal for control  ;D ...and just today i set failsafe mode to Return to home, so maybe next time im brave enough for range testing :D

Ok, RF is black magic to me, I guess 2.4 and 5 are used by the routers concurrently so shouldn't have too much interference/harmonics, but no clue. Good that if it works for you, probably because you are lucky to be able to set your WiFi device to use only 5G band, I couldn't do that on my camera.

jtrout19

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2016, 03:01:19 am »
You set your router up to broadcast both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Then you connect your device to the 5ghz band. That is how you set it up. You have to have a router capable of broadcasting both frequencies