MICRO MinimOSD Minim OSD-Battery problems
« on: November 03, 2016, 03:20:03 pm »
I'm getting 0.00 for voltage when connecting to either BAT1 or BAT2 on my Revo setup.  The voltage actually worked when the OSD was flashed for CC3D and connected to BAT2 but other things weren't working.  When I flashed for Revo, the voltage quit working whether I connect to BAT1 or BAT2.  Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtrout19

Re: MICRO MinimOSD Minim OSD-Battery problems
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 05:01:31 pm »
Just out of curiosity is the minimosd flashed with the correct firmware?

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 01:09:14 am »
Yes, oddly enough the voltage quit working when I flashed with the Revo firmware.  But the arming status and other things weren't working right when it was flashed with CC3D firmware.  Everything I've tried seems to be working ok now except the voltage.

jtrout19

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 04:32:12 am »
So I take it you have your sensors hooked directly to the OSD. I have all my info coming from the revo.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 02:22:40 pm »
This OSD has the sensor embedded.  All you're supposed to do is connect battery +/- leads. 

hwh

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 06:58:58 pm »
The download page for the firmware (https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/MinOPOSD+setup#MinOPOSDsetup-Downloadsdownloads) says on it that the two revo only versions are compiled to get the voltage/current from the revo.   The only reason for these versions is to use the revo voltage/current port instead of the ones on the OSD.

The firmware you're calling "cc3d" is actually labeled "all boards" and is the one to use if you want the voltage/current to come from the OSD board instead of the revo.  The file name has cc3d in it but it's intended for revos too. It should work on a revo, the only difference is it's compiled to get the voltage/current from the OSD board.  All other functions should be the same.

You can also compile your own custom version of the firmware and change anything you want.  We only post a couple of the more common possibilities on the wiki.  These OSD boards are essentially a stripped down Arduino with the video chip added. https://bitbucket.org/f5soh/minoposd/src/a82264ba4bacc66bc753f8f3feca802d7b94ca32/ArduCAM_OSD/?at=master
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:05:34 pm by hwh »

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 02:43:32 pm »
Thanks much.  I'll give it a try.  I was having trouble with the arming status not working before I changed the firmware.  Perhaps it was just an issue with the updated firmware for the GCS?

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 02:05:30 pm »
This worked after updating firmware to the 'all boards' version AND changing connection to the BAT1 pad. Thanks again for the help.