jtrout19

X650F settings.
« on: October 30, 2016, 03:25:16 pm »
Hey guys so I finally had some time to get the quad out after replacing the Revo with another revo. I was going to tune it with easy tune so i set it all up on my accesory knobs and went out. I had the range set for .001 to .008.
First try quad will not get off ground wants to immediately pitch over. Moved knobs was able to hap hazardly get it in the air started trying to tune i could not find a happy place. It was either really sloppy or oscillating. I tried bumping up the gyro filtering settings just a tad. My motors also acted wierd.  Its like 2 of them would spin up real quick and the other would be spinning slow they are 30a afro with blheli in oneshot125. So i ened up importing some settings that was as close to my quad as possible. Flies great now. Still needs a tad bit of tunning it oscillates when its falling and you give it throttle to stop it from falling wants to rock in a circle.

So what do you guys think why did i have issues with easytune? I did check pid settings of the imported settings and they are within my range i was using. How do you use the scopes tab and what do you look for? It also seems to drift forward. And can you use position hold withoutaa mag and just gps?

Re: X650F settings.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 07:53:52 am »
I would recommend using PWMSync instead of OneShot125, at least until you get it flying well...

Since you have a Revo, you could try 16.09RCxx and use AutoTune.  See AutoTune in the wiki.  Start out with stock settings and it should fly OK without even tuning it.

jtrout19

Re: X650F settings.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:59:48 am »
I ended up using autotune. Quad flies nice now. still using oneshot125. Turned out a box was not ticked and that was causing my issue. The option dealt with zeroing I when throttle was low.