Vleaugs

Tunigy TGY 9x issue , cannot configure it on LibrePilot
« on: October 25, 2016, 05:27:58 am »
Hey , sorry about it , but I`m a noobie in that hobbie , 3 days ago I got one but I don`t really knows what it does ... Today I tried to configure it , the quadcopter and the cc3d it`s ok. But when I finally got into the remote wizard , I`m getting in trouble , when the program says , move left move right buttons I don`t really knows if I`m doing it wrong , but it just don`t goes easy for me. I need help ... Please help me

Mateusz

Re: Tunigy TGY 9x issue , cannot configure it on LibrePilot
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:29:01 am »
The Turnigy TGY 9X was my first transmitter which I flashed with OpenTX immediately, so I can't help with configuring it but I can give you some clues.
  • Check that transmitter is set correctly (no trims, all default settings) and that it outputs on all channels, you can connect servo motor to receiver to see that it moves when you move throttle/yaw/pitch/roll directions. They will probably be called like alieron,rudder,etc.. which are the names for air-planes but it's just a different naming convention
  • When you are sure that all channals throttle, yaw, pitch, roll work  then  plug these into your receiver.
  • Transmitter wizard will determin by asking you to move sticks which channel is which direction, and then it will do max-min values calibration and will allow to flip axis if necessary (I always have to flip pitch).

When you are done in the last wizard step virtual sticks should react accordingly to your movements.

Vleaugs

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 08:38:09 pm »
The Turnigy TGY 9X was my first transmitter which I flashed with OpenTX immediately, so I can't help with configuring it but I can give you some clues.
  • Check that transmitter is set correctly (no trims, all default settings) and that it outputs on all channels, you can connect servo motor to receiver to see that it moves when you move throttle/yaw/pitch/roll directions. They will probably be called like alieron,rudder,etc.. which are the names for air-planes but it's just a different naming convention
  • When you are sure that all channals throttle, yaw, pitch, roll work  then  plug these into your receiver.
  • Transmitter wizard will determin by asking you to move sticks which channel is which direction, and then it will do max-min values calibration and will allow to flip axis if necessary (I always have to flip pitch).

When you are done in the last wizard step virtual sticks should react accordingly to your movements.

Hey , I`d a video of my issue , look at it please , sorry if my english is bad and if I said anything wrong cause I`m from Brazil and it`s my first drone ever.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:22:04 pm by hwh »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 09:26:30 pm »
Mode1, mode2.. refers to the stick position, assuming you have the Throttle/Rudder using the left stick maybe you should choose Mode2

Vleaugs

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 10:31:04 pm »

Thanks , will try it later , cannot do it right now.
I`m at my girlfriend`s house.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:13:30 pm by f5soh »

Vleaugs

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 04:56:18 am »

Heya , thanks for the help but I`m in trouble again , it can be the configuration of my remote control or can be a serious problem ?I tried to set it by the other form cause the main form doens`t recognize the movement (I know it was wrong of my part , but what i can do if my control doens`t recognize the correct movement when I`m trying to configure it correct). Look at this video.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:08:58 am by Vleaugs »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 05:06:29 am »
Make sure your RC transmitter do not use any mixers like the one used for Fixed wing / elevons.

Check the stick movements using the output monitor in your radio.
One output for one stick movement, no mixing.

Vleaugs

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 05:10:11 pm »
Make sure your RC transmitter do not use any mixers like the one used for Fixed wing / elevons.

Check the stick movements using the output monitor in your radio.
One output for one stick movement, no mixing.

Thanks I got it .
My drone it`s perfect.
Love it , I just want to learn how to pilot like pros.

jtrout19

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 05:33:17 pm »
So i woul recommend that you flash your radio with opentx firmware. The stock firmware really sucks on that transmitter. Opentx is much easier to use and setup.